CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
UHD 630 / RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wonder what we will do now that Apple will start with its own cpu line ..

how we will create our own hackintosh pc

Well I would say it could happen any number of ways.

Hypervisors, emulation, Linux or new emerging fields like Openboot custom firmware. Even new equipment.

Personally I think we could start with Linux. These days you can run VMs on a machine and so I think we could maybe run macOS on a Linux hypervisor of sorts. That would be a logical step for current PC owners if support for Intel based chips is dropped in the near future.

Thanks to the great work done by the Asahi Linux guys, a lot is now known about the ins and outs of the Apple Silicon chipset. If you have the time this is an absolute worthwhile read on what's been discovered so far > https://asahilinux.org/2021/03/progress-report-january-february-2021/

One amazing thing gotten from the above article is the engineers at Asahi Linux have found out the internal workings of the M1 like the connectors and layout tables of the Apple M1 chip itself (of what controls what) through the use of reverse-engineering and some clever workarounds. That is an amazing feat in itself. Because they have mapped out much of the internal workings of the M1 chip, it should make development easier. The chief engineer at Asahi Linux who developed the Linux Apple Silicon bootloader came from way back when he developed the security firmware and loading scripts for the Nintendo Wii, which eventually became a useful part of BootMii for the Wii homebrew OS field.

Also m1n1 bootloader (which is used to boot Linux into Apple Silicon). Maybe that could be used with our future builds? Also as Linux gets ported over to macOS, we may see new areas of development emerge for a more seamless setup.

New physical platforms may also emerge if/when devs manage to find a way to get macOS to work with other ARM chipsets or boards. For example I heard China already has mainstream PCs with ARM chips in them like the Tianjin Phytium. > https://www.tomshardware.com/news/arm-phytium-ft-2000-cpu-chinese-gaming-pc

The Samsung Exynos platform is also likely such candidate for an alternate setup. According to Asahi Linux, despite Apple Silicon not sharing the same architecture as other ARM chips/platforms the M1 still shares a lot of the same underlying structure including the use of the I²C chips and bus with the Samsung Exynos (which has its own history with PowerPC architecture). Exynos is the only platform that retains the closest similarity to Apple M1 in terms of system architecture. Exynos laptops with AMD gpus are already coming onto the market so I would think they are next possible step.

Also forgot about this > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coreboot

Coreboot is a very powerful open source firmware designed for PowerPC, x86-x64, RISC-V & ARMv8 that can replace whatever proprietary BIOS firmware in the system and allow it to boot say Linux or any other operating system. Theoretically we could create a non-Apple Silicon system using this with say, a ARMv8 PC or a new RISC-V PC.

As far as physical hardware goes these are some of the newer specs emerging
> https://9to5linux.com/star-labs-unveil-their-first-amd-powered-mini-linux-pc-with-coreboot-support

The Framework modular laptop is another good one (where parts of the system can be replaced by user)
> https://frame.work

As it goes I'd heard Intel actually has invested billions into RISC-V architecture. It could well happen in future that
we could be running a hackintosh that is possibly ARM-based but still made by Intel.

There is no future. Once Apple stops supporting X86, ff you want to continue running macOS, you're going to need to buy a real Mac.

There is no future. Once Apple stops supporting X86, ff you want to continue running macOS, you're going to need to buy a real Mac.
I wonder if we'll be able to take the QEMU approach by then for ARM. I experimented with it awhile back and it was fun. Sketchy, but fun.

Edit: ah, just saw this has been brought up. Ignore.

I wonder if we'll be able to take the QEMU approach by then for ARM. I experimented with it awhile back and it was fun. Sketchy, but fun.

Edit: ah, just saw this has been brought up. Ignore.

Without graphics acceleration, its usefulness will be limited, at best.

maybe hackintosh community was become to strong and this is only way to stop this??

Well I would say it could happen any number of ways.

Hypervisors, emulation, Linux or new emerging fields like Openboot custom firmware. Even new equipment.

Personally I think we could start with Linux. These days you can run VMs on a machine and so I think we could maybe run macOS on a Linux hypervisor of sorts. That would be a logical step for current PC owners if support for Intel based chips is dropped in the near future.

Thanks to the great work done by the Asahi Linux guys, a lot is now known about the ins and outs of the Apple Silicon chipset. If you have the time this is an absolute worthwhile read on what's been discovered so far > https://asahilinux.org/2021/03/progress-report-january-february-2021/

One amazing thing gotten from the above article is the engineers at Asahi Linux have found out the internal workings of the M1 like the connectors and layout tables of the Apple M1 chip itself (of what controls what) through the use of reverse-engineering and some clever workarounds. That is an amazing feat in itself. Because they have mapped out much of the internal workings of the M1 chip, it should make development easier. The chief engineer at Asahi Linux who developed the Linux Apple Silicon bootloader came from way back when he developed the security firmware and loading scripts for the Nintendo Wii, which eventually became a useful part of BootMii for the Wii homebrew OS field.

Also m1n1 bootloader (which is used to boot Linux into Apple Silicon). Maybe that could be used with our future builds? Also as Linux gets ported over to macOS, we may see new areas of development emerge for a more seamless setup.

New physical platforms may also emerge if/when devs manage to find a way to get macOS to work with other ARM chipsets or boards. For example I heard China already has mainstream PCs with ARM chips in them like the Tianjin Phytium. > https://www.tomshardware.com/news/arm-phytium-ft-2000-cpu-chinese-gaming-pc

The Samsung Exynos platform is also likely such candidate for an alternate setup. According to Asahi Linux, despite Apple Silicon not sharing the same architecture as other ARM chips/platforms the M1 still shares a lot of the same underlying structure including the use of the I²C chips and bus with the Samsung Exynos (which has its own history with PowerPC architecture). Exynos is the only platform that retains the closest similarity to Apple M1 in terms of system architecture. Exynos laptops with AMD gpus are already coming onto the market so I would think they are next possible step.
tnx for this:))

maybe hackintosh community was become to strong and this is only way to stop this??

I don't think that was the primary reason. Apple has never actively done anything to prevent hackintoshing in the past.

• Apple Silicon is much more efficient than anything Intel or AMD has to offer.
  • With Apple Silicon, Macs can no longer be directly compared with PCs.
  • Apple Silicon Macs have higher profit margins.
  • Apple has always believed in vertical integration. This has always been their M.O.

It all made perfect sense for Apple to go this route.

If you want to continue using macOS, buy a Mac.

Back