Contribute
Register

Hackintosh x58 Sabertooth build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I did a clean install of OSX ML and now actually the only thing I need to fix is so I can use my graphics card. Radeon 6950, being said here before, you need to do quite a work around for this to actually work, but it's possible.

I tried putting back the ATIRadeonx6000.kext, but again my system isn't booting, not with "GE=No" or any of the "-x" commands. So i'm looking into working that out by doing another clean install tomorrow. I really want this Hackintosh build to work properly, and I'm dedicated into fixing it.

Something about the latest Chimera, ATY_init.kext, and netkas' patched ATIRadeonx3000.kext, ATIRadeonx3000GL.bundle, and ATI6000Controller.kext.

What all these things are or how to install them, I'll do some google sessions and see if I can find some usefull info on that matter, and If i can find those files on the web. Because the Netkas blog is being flagged for malware on my windows machine.

Hi and welcome :)

The current Multibeast is really designed for Lion. Macman has announce the build of a Multibeast for ML so if I were you, I'd take a bit more time to have a read and geek up a bit :) sit patiently and wait for the release. :beachball:
That's what I'm doing. It's been nearly a week so hopefully not too much longer, I'm sure everyone is itching to get their hands on it!

Hope this helps.

But will the new Multibeast software take of the part that some of my hardware isn't supported? And today I'll try to fix my 6950, I found a netkas package that i'll try and install and follow the steps included in the topics that had the original package links inside of them.
Or if somebody here has some good advice or has exp with installing a 6950, I'm glad to hear it.

I really hope to get my 6950 working, and in worst case scenario, a friend mine still has my old 7800GT, and is willing to give it back for testing purpose. Will that card work better, of let me rephrase that - Does that card have better Hackintosh support?

What Card is the best card to use for a hackintosh PC and has a good price? I found that a 640GT has good support is only costs 100€. Is that true? What would you guys recommend?

a friend mine still has my old 7800GT, and is willing to give it back for testing purpose. Will that card work better, of let me rephrase that - Does that card have better Hackintosh support?
Land yourself most things Nvidia and you'll be ok.
What Card is the best card to use for a hackintosh PC and has a good price?
The 8800GT is a favourite of mine and works out of the box on ML. They are a little older now and mine cost me about £25 each second hand - BARGAIN. I actually did the complete install of ML with 2 x Nvidia 8800GT cards plugged in and three monitors running and it installed with three brushed chrome screens all the way through. Now that's support! Check out the wiki list for supported Graphics cards and this is just my personal opinion, Nvidia are less hassle!
But will the new Multibeast software take of the part that some of my hardware isn't supported?
I'm sure Multibeast will take care of alot of your hardware but we'll have to wait and see really. ML seems to have a slightly different folder structure which means the current Multibeast cannot install all the Kexts to the right place and consequently, some things become unsupported as reported on the update announcement.

Ps - Not a good idea to install with everything plugged in but forgot to remove one :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back