Contribute
Register

Haswell NUC technical specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I have noticed (can others confirm this or point in right direction?). So far, although we have a DSDT and HDMI audio now we still do not have power management.
I ran the SSDTPRgen application and generated the SSDT (and have dropssdt=yes in the plist) but HWMonitor confirms the processor seems to be constantly on around 2.3 GHZ. i.e. P - state 23. This is confirmed by DPCI Manager app.
Anybody got PM working yet?
I have tried various smbios just in case that might address it, but these do not seem to be the issue as the results are the same across the board as far as I can tell.

Hmm. Strange.

So I see trancestar posted ssdt (which is the same as what I got when running SSDTPRgen) and got the NUC speed stepping, but it is not working for me. Always working at 2.3GHz.

Maybe there is a bios setting I need to check now.

Hi guys,

As Stork mentioned, I'm in the middle of writing a very detailed and complete install guide for the NUC; its taking me longer than expected and I want to be sure it is 100%, so please give me some time to complete it.

It will be worth the wait :thumbup:

Hmm. Strange.

So I see trancestar posted ssdt (which is the same as what I got when running SSDTPRgen) and got the NUC speed stepping, but it is not working for me. Always working at 2.3GHz.

Maybe there is a bios setting I need to check now.

Hey mate

Yeah I see 8,13,15,16,17,18,19,21,22,23 in DPCImanager but I've never seen the cpu go to turbo mode 2,6GHz
Makes no difference if I have drop ssdt on or off it works anyway
Tell me if you need me to check something special

I still don't have hdmi audio as I posted in your hdmi thread I just can't boot with that dsdt. Maybe thats doin something to your Speedstep?

edit: now state 14 popped up too, took a while

Hi guys,

As Stork mentioned, I'm in the middle of writing a very detailed and complete install guide for the NUC; its taking me longer than expected and I want to be sure it is 100%, so please give me some time to complete it.

It will be worth the wait :thumbup:

Very nice!

Hey mate

Yeah I see 8,13,15,16,17,18,19,21,22,23 in DPCImanager but I've never seen the cpu go to turbo mode 2,6GHz
Makes no difference if I have drop ssdt on or off it works anyway
Tell me if you need me to check something special

I still don't have hdmi audio as I posted in your hdmi thread I just can't boot with that dsdt. Maybe thats doin something to your Speedstep?

edit: now state 14 popped up too, took a while

Doesn't seem to be the DSDT as booting without it I still get it locked at p-state 23. To be honest, as that seems to be the highest performance mode and it is only a 15W CPU it doesn't really matter (no performance impact) but it would be nice to see a few p-states. Did you change any bios settings in the "Performance" section of the UEFI bios?

The DSDT might be messing with you, as I think it is set for framebuffer 10 identity (using the ig-platform-id) so if you still have FB 5 in your plist then they will be conflicting.

Another reason for DSDT not to work for you could be your bios version. Are you on the most recent, because I am and of course the DSDT comes from there....

I guess one more thing for me to check is to see if my own display config is affecting the stepping. I have 2 screens permanently connected at the moment so I'll check what happens when I pull the plug on the DP connection. This obviously should have no change, but you never know with a hack as all sorts of things seem to have a strange knock on effect.

Another thing could be (?) that I have not yet committed to putting a bootloader directly on to my mSATA and am booting from USB. I wanted to do all my experimenting with the install and get it fully dialled in - and then backed up - before playing with the bootloader as I want to eventually have UEFI Clover boot so that any changes in the mach_kernel stand a chance of being automatically patched. However, not being a Clover expert and having had a few fails in the past I want to make sure that I can easily revert to a working system if I stuff up on the drivers or the config.plist when playing with Clover.

Doesn't seem to be the DSDT as booting without it I still get it locked at p-state 23. To be honest, as that seems to be the highest performance mode and it is only a 15W CPU it doesn't really matter (no performance impact) but it would be nice to see a few p-states. Did you change any bios settings in the "Performance" section of the UEFI bios?

The DSDT might be messing with you, as I think it is set for framebuffer 10 identity (using the ig-platform-id) so if you still have FB 5 in your plist then they will be conflicting.

Another reason for DSDT not to work for you could be your bios version. Are you on the most recent, because I am and of course the DSDT comes from there....

I guess one more thing for me to check is to see if my own display config is affecting the stepping. I have 2 screens permanently connected at the moment so I'll check what happens when I pull the plug on the DP connection. This obviously should have no change, but you never know with a hack as all sorts of things seem to have a strange knock on effect.

Another thing could be (?) that I have not yet committed to putting a bootloader directly on to my mSATA and am booting from USB. I wanted to do all my experimenting with the install and get it fully dialled in - and then backed up - before playing with the bootloader as I want to eventually have UEFI Clover boot so that any changes in the mach_kernel stand a chance of being automatically patched. However, not being a Clover expert and having had a few fails in the past I want to make sure that I can easily revert to a working system if I stuff up on the drivers or the config.plist when playing with Clover.

The guide I have written, which will be posted shortly, takes you through a full boot loader setup and its working really well.

It doesnt include any DSDT at this time though, would you mind posting the one you have so far ?

Im on version 22 of the uefi bios here.

The guide I have written, which will be posted shortly, takes you through a full boot loader setup and its working really well.

It doesnt include any DSDT at this time though, would you mind posting the one you have so far ?

Im on version 22 of the uefi bios here.

Here are the DSDTs.

Obviously you would need to rename to DSDT.aml and drag into the Extra folder.

Notes - HDMI version requires native AppleHDA patch, see Note 1.1 from Toledas post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/108302-haswell-hdmi-audio.html it also needs a AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patch and the modified one I have uploaded here (which is an edited version of Toledas patch to make it work for our NUC port numbers) should patch the frame buffer for the needed HDMI audio connection edit.

You may of course add these to the guide.

:)

Attachments

• HASWELL DSDTs.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 131
  • audio_nuchdmi_hd5k-azul-90_patch.command.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 101
Here are the DSDTs.

Obviously you would need to rename to DSDT.aml and drag into the Extra folder.

Notes - HDMI version requires native AppleHDA patch, see Note 1.1 from Toledas post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/108302-haswell-hdmi-audio.html it also needs a AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patch and the modified one I have uploaded here (which is an edited version of Toledas patch to make it work for our NUC port numbers) should patch the frame buffer for the needed HDMI audio connection edit.

You may of course add these to the guide.

:)

Great stuff; I will add these to the install guide in due course. It wont be today unfortunately as I've already spent hours writing the guide and build description. I need to get back to real life now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back