1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
  • Patched DSDT with HD3000 low res fix, IGPU fix
  • Have SMBIOS and SSDT
  • Clover boot loader
  • Can't turn on Dual Link (screen splits into 4 and garbles)
  • Full power management in place

Is there anything else I can do to attempt to stop the artifacting? :banghead: It stays away for a while but eventually the screen is filled with blue blocks.
These are the artifacts (symptoms are usually much more severe):
IMG_20140623_151002.jpg

this is what happens when I enable Dual link in either the DSDT or in Clover:
IMG_20140623_002251.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140623_151002.jpg
    IMG_20140623_151002.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 699
UPDATE/BUMP

I switched to chameleon and am now using the least intrusive settings possible in my boot.plist. GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No. I'm keeping kernel cache on because turning it off didn't seem to help. I repatched from a fresh DSDT but that didn't make a difference because it was already patched correctly. All these changes have made the problem less severe but still present. if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE 2:

Well, I switched back to clover and set the boot argument "slide=0" and turned off all of the graphics injection/intelgfx fixes. I still have full QE/CI. Artifacting is a bit more common than on chameleon but 10x better than it was before update 1... still no solution, seriously, if anyone knows anything It'd be great.

Here you go

Attachments

• Guillermo’s MacBook Pro.zip
    341.2 KB · Views: 263
not sure how to EC reset my ultrabook... the battery isn't removable. As for a framebuffer patch, not sure how to go about it. thanks for looking through my setup

not sure how to EC reset my ultrabook... the battery isn't removable.

Not removable or not removable easily?

As for a framebuffer patch, not sure how to go about it. thanks for looking through my setup

I'm not sure either so you'll have to do some google searching/research.

HD3000 will always have glitches... HD4000 is much better...

it's odd to me as the HD3000 was available on the entire lineup of macbooks... maybe I could try and MBA 4,1 SMbios? I can't find one though.(MBA Smbios makes it wayyyyy worse) I suppose I can open up the laptop and remove the battery connector. what would I have to do after removing the battery?

...what would I have to do after removing the battery?

EC reset: remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back