Contribute
Register

HD3000 issues (horizontal black lines etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z77-ds3h
CPU
i5 - 3330
Graphics
intel hd2000
Mac
  1. iMac
Anyone found a solution to get rid of this problem?
Sometimes can be really annoying, the only way to temporarily get rid of this as you are working is to resize the window for a little bit then lines might disappear but might return the same moment.
Or as somebody else suggested to switch between color profiles but even this will be temporarily tip.

slide=0 in clover doesn't help, should i try other value? (clover doesn't boot with 2,3 other values i have tried)

HD3000 16GB Ram and HighSierra . I think i did not have issues with Mavericks

Anyone found a solution to get rid of this problem?
Sometimes can be really annoying, the only way to temporarily get rid of this as you are working is to resize the window for a little bit then lines might disappear but might return the same moment.
Or as somebody else suggested to switch between color profiles but even this will be temporarily tip.

slide=0 in clover doesn't help, should i try other value? (clover doesn't boot with 2,3 other values i have tried)

HD3000 16GB Ram and HighSierra . I think i did not have issues with Mavericks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan,
I have used the script from this thread , i hope it is ok, the log says everything was exctracted correctly.
I had to reboot and patch recent ACPI (F4) and also preboot logs (F2) for the script to finish execute.
Let me know if you need anything else, if we can fix this issue with HD3000 would be great!

Attachments

• debug_575.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 67
Hi RehabMan,
I have used the script from this thread , i hope it is ok, the log says everything was exctracted correctly.
I had to reboot and patch recent ACPI (F4) and also preboot logs (F2) for the script to finish execute.
Let me know if you need anything else, if we can fix this issue with HD3000 would be great!

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hint: No need for any patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Do you mean that the dsdt.aml is wrong or even clover config is wrong?Cause this DSDT i use did compile without errors, i believe i used 1 by 1 your basic patches for 4530s.
Thanks for the tip that not needed SSDTs, i am gonna remove and see if it boots ok (also if speedstep works like before)

Do you mean that the dsdt.aml is wrong or even clover config is wrong?Cause this DSDT i use did compile without errors, i believe i used 1 by 1 your basic patches for 4530s.
Thanks for the tip that not needed SSDTs, i am gonna remove and see if it boots ok (also if speedstep works like before)

Read ACPI patching guide.
Read "Hint" above.

If i delete all SSDTs and keep only DSDT.aml system will KP. If i boot with clover and i "DROP all OEM ssdts" then will boot without SSDTs but i believe with lot of ACPI errors.
Do you believe i should get rid of SSDTs and add permanently "DROP all OEM ssdts" to my boot?

How can you be sure that ACPI is patched incorrectly?
I do not say that you are wrong but i want to know cause it compiles good,
even turbo ratio is working (x31) and i have correct Speedsteps
I compile like this:
=Press F4 in clover then edit the CLOVER/ACPI/origin dsdt.aml with MACiASL
=Add 1 by 1 your patches and then compile, it will compile without errors.

Please let me know, thanks.

If i delete all SSDTs and keep only DSDT.aml system will KP. If i boot with clover and i "DROP all OEM ssdts" then will boot without SSDTs but i believe with lot of ACPI errors.
Do you believe i should get rid of SSDTs and add permanently "DROP all OEM ssdts" to my boot?

How can you be sure that ACPI is patched incorrectly?
I do not say that you are wrong but i want to know cause it compiles good,
even turbo ratio is working (x31) and i have correct Speedsteps
I compile like this:
=Press F4 in clover then edit the CLOVER/ACPI/origin dsdt.aml with MACiASL
=Add 1 by 1 your patches and then compile, it will compile without errors.

Please let me know, thanks.

You need to read the ACPI patching guide carefully.
As per guide, you should use DropOem=false, AutoMerge=true. Patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched must be named appropriately (as they came from ACPI/origin). Must use recent Clover that supports AutoMerge correctly (suggest my latest Clover build). Renames must be done with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. Common renames are in the plists linked by my Clover laptop guide (and those plists also use AutoMerge=true, DropOem=false). No need to apply such renames to the patched AML files directly (let Clover do it instead).

Overall, this results in less chance for mistakes, and less diffs to look at when analyzing patched vs. origin.

Also, if this is for an HP 4530s, see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
(it uses hotpatch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back