CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I just made my second computer and am installing El Capitan on it. I followed this guide and everything went well until the post installation part.
The problem is that the system is showing wrong RAM, Graphics and CPU. I think the DisplayPort of my graphics card is not working but the HDMI is working fine. The graphics seem glitchy and slow.
My build: GA-H170N-WIFI, i7 6700, GTX 780, 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
I also attached my config.plist (not sure how that works)
Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 177
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Oh, okay. I thought including it in the post would be enough. I'll add it now.

7MB VRAM usually means that Inject Nvidia is disabled correctly, but the Nvidia Webdrivers are not installed or not activated.

Install the web drivers if you haven't already and then boot with nvda_drv=1

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
Thanks for the quick reply, I realised that I also had problem 6 mentioned in the thread with the link you provided. However, it still hasn't solved the problems. But the system report now shows that I have 8GB of RAM instead of the initial 4GB that had been showing before.

Thanks for the quick reply, I realised that I also had problem 6 mentioned in the thread with the link you provided. However, it still hasn't solved the problems. But the system report now shows that I have 8GB of RAM instead of the initial 4GB that had been showing before.

That's because you have nv_disable=1 in your config.plist.
You cannot expect the drivers to work if you disable them.

Disabled.png

Thanks a whole bunch for that. That solved the graphics problem, but the RAM problem still remains.

One step at a time.

Check that all of your memory is detected correctly in your BIOS settings first.
Then try changing the XMPDetection from No to Yes in your config.plist :

XMP.png

One step at a time.

Check that all of your memory is detected correctly in your BIOS settings first.
Then try changing the XMPDetection from No to Yes in your config.plist :

View attachment 207988
Holy crap. Thanks for asking me to check my memory in the BIOS, turns out one of my RAM sticks wasn't put in properly, if you hadn't asked I probably wouldn't have found out for another 2-3 years.
Now, I can confirm that all 16 GB of RAM is detected in the BIOS, however only 8GB of RAM is detected when in El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back