Graphics
Integrated HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Using Lion on my Hack and am running into a problem with OS X Mail freezing up (never had it before). I'm using a Windows standard keyboard layout. What keystrokes do I use to activate the OSX Force Quit Applications function.

Thanks so much, I don't want to restart any more as the freeze is happening more regularly. I wonder if it is my new SSD...

Can a Moderator help. I've posted this in the wrong forum. Can you please move this to a more appropriate Forum.

My sincere apologies, I'm learning lots...

Considering I've remapped my keyboard by letting the Control key point to Command and the Command key point to Control using Modifier keys in sys pref pane, this might be different for your case BUT pressing Ctrl + Windows Key + Escape brings up the Force Quit menu for me ... :thumbup:

Thank you Arpetwe, for your feedback. I ended up restarting again and:

Without making any modification in preferences, I just discovered it to be Windows Key + Alt + Esc to get to Force Quit Applications. I had tried that before but the freeze up had apparently effected keyboard control as well (not accepting input from the keyboard).

Now on to what is causing the freeze... My VOIP phone reset about the same time as well. Maybe it was a quirky network thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back