Motherboard
The Saipan-UF
CPU
Intel Core i5-6400T
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, suddenly my Lion installation stopped working. After it boots, it won't let me login on any account, the screen turns white and it goes back to the user login section. so i can't get through this. Any suggestions?

Try to boot in single user mode by typing -s on the chimera bootscreen and hit enter. When you can get to the root terminal type:

fsck -fy

Important Note: If fsck found issues and has altered, repaired, or fixed anything, it will display this message: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
If this message appears, repeat the fsck command you typed above until fsck tells you that your volume appears to be OK.

After that type:

mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
reboot

After these steps (if your system boot up) it's like the 1st time after a fresh installation. You have to setup a new user account on your machine. You can get the files you need from the older existing accounts and delete these accounts after all is done

Hi, I did it, It took me to the welcome screen of lion, where u create a new user account. I created it but it's the same ): it doesn't let me pass through the user login screen. The screen turns white and goes back to the user login screen. I'm desperate ):

gabe152006 said:
Hi, I did it, It took me to the welcome screen of lion, where u create a new user account.
Yeah that was the sense of that step
I created it but it's the same ): it doesn't let me pass through the user login screen. The screen turns white and goes back to the user login screen. I'm desperate ):
Oh that's strange...so can you remember what you did before that happened? Did you playing around with your resolution, editing your boot.plist or something similar?

karacho said:
Oh that's strange...so can you remember what you did before that happened? Did you playing around with your resolution, editing your boot.plist or something similar?

i don't think so. it was working fine o.o suddenly it did that. I'm going to try botting it using rBoot. Do you think that might work? what would be happening here? Like why when I type the password to log in it doesn't go through and like reset it to the user selection screen?

Try to boot in single user mode again by typing -s on the chimera bootscreen and hit enter. When you can get to the root terminal type:

fsck -fy

Important Note: If fsck found issues and has altered, repaired, or fixed anything, it will display this message: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
If this message appears, repeat the fsck command you typed above until fsck tells you that your volume appears to be OK.

After that type:

mount -uw /
chown -Rv username:staff /Users/username
exit

For username you have to type the accountname you'd created before

Something like this happened to me earlier when I installed Lion ...

Turned out my audit folder was messed up ...

You can see if this is YOUR situation by booting into single mode with -s

and do the following:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /private/var/audit

mkdir /private/var/audit

exit

See if that helps .... :thumbup:

arpetwe said:

and do the following:

mount -uw /

mkdir /private/var/audit

exit

I don't know about that but it's a nice find if it works :thumbup:
You forgot to mention to do a fsck -fy before mounting the HD writeable, that's important

Re: HELP! WON'T LOG ON ANY USER ACCOUNT [solved]

karacho said:
arpetwe said:

and do the following:

mount -uw /

mkdir /private/var/audit

exit

I don't know about that but it's a nice find if it works :thumbup:
You forgot to mention to do a fsck -fy before mounting the HD writeable, that's important

Thank you both! I solved it doing what arpetwe said. What is the audit folder for?! Thank you 2 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back