Motherboard
CPU
i5 9400f
Graphics
rx550 Lexa
Hi all!

Installed my first Hackintosh:
i5-9400f, h310m, rx550 Lexa, wifi & bluetooth intel AX200

I connected homepod mini via airplay, it works, but the control is delayed. For example: I press stop on a YouTube video, the sound in Homepod stops after a couple of seconds. Or installed Minecraft, the sound is delayed, it is not possible to play.

Who knows how to fix it?

Or can I connect the speaker to USB via a tipe-c adapter?

Apple’s HomePod mini doesn’t have a Type C usb connector, in fact it doesn’t have any USB ports. Connecting via AirPlay/WiFi and the Home App is your only option.

You would be better served running macOS Ventura and using a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card, your Intel card will be flaky when using AirPlay, if it works at all.

Apple’s HomePod mini doesn’t have a Type C usb connector
The Gen 1 mini does :

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 13.55.57.png

Apple Specs don't mention the USB-C part of the 20W power adapter.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 20.34.54.png Section mentioning the Power Adapter for the HP mini

All the spec sheet says is connecting to the HomePod mini is done via "AirPlay to share other content to HomePod mini from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac".

Do you know if the USB-C power adapter also transmits DATA, so the HomePod mini can be connected directly to a USB-C port on a Mac/Hack and pass data that way?

Do you know if the USB-C power adapter also transmits DATA, so the HomePod mini can be connected directly to a USB-C port on a Mac/Hack and pass data that way?

Hi, I suspect I'm not going to help much here but ...

I have one of these. The USB-C power adapter is the same one you can buy to charge an iPhone, or that you get included with an iPad. So as far as I know is "dumb".

As for the HomePod Mini itself, as has been said, the USB cable is fixed at the HomePod end, but I really doubt that data transmission is possible through it because...

... the HomePod Mini will not even fully turn on unless it gets 18W of power from the adapter. I tested this when I got it, trying different supplies. The lowest rated one which would successfully boot it was a Sony 18W USB-C model. Anything lower and you get the error LEDs.

:)

Back