Contribute
Register

How to get Apple Cinema display to work-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather D said:
Ahhh, gotcha.
I'm only using a USB 3D sound card which doesn't seem to work yet. I also ran geekbench and the total score was much lower than I expected: 5607 I'm guessing I need to do a heck of a lot more research before I can tweak this system a bit more.
H

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/695236
Did you installed SSDT?

Mate- I just installed my Antec H20 CPU Cooler, fired it up, and it goes to the bios - it looks like it's going to start up because it makes it to the apple screen and then I just get a black screen. I have not idea what could have changed. Any suggestions? uggg.
Heather

Okay. Looks like I plugged my display into the one port on my GTX 560 Ti that doesn't work for some reason.

I have no idea if I installed the SSDT. At what point would I do this?
I'm getting better but I'm still a newbie. :?
H

You run MultiBeast again, then go to customization, and select the SSDT wich corresponds to you cpu.

I downloaded the SSDT - Core i7, and FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, and the HWMonitor app as suggested by 10.7.4 Power Management and Sandy Bridge CPUs. For some reason, HWMonitor appears to be in my apps but it will not open. I went back to geekbench (32 bit) and my score is 11654. It's getting better!
H

I installed HWMonitor again, and it's working. It reads CPU0-CPU3 at 1584Mhz x16 - but now it's jumping to x17 x18 and x36 Multiplier. Is it normal for it to continue to fluctuate?
H

Heather D said:
I installed HWMonitor again, and it's working. It reads CPU0-CPU3 at 1584Mhz x16 - but now it's jumping to x17 x18 and x36 Multiplier. Is it normal for it to continue to fluctuate?
H
Yes, that's called SpeedStep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back