Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good evening,

Just want to share my success and hopefully help someone with getting their HDMI from an external graphic card:

GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev2.0 Motherboard
Using DSDT file for my motherboard downloaded from Tonymacx86 site

Geforce GTX 580 PCIx16 Graphics card
Yosemite 10.10.1

First of all, I want thank Toleda for his guides. Much props. I've tried the edits and patches but nothing worked to get the hdmi sound from the graphic card, then I stumbled upon a post here that directed me to another site. What I can tell you to do a google search for "HDMIAudio OS x 1.1" . It should be the first listing. The author is Andrejkw and the name of the file is HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg

The instructions are on the other site. Run it and then do a reboot and additional option for the HDMI output will appear in the sound app in system properties. In my case, since I had an Panasonic HDTV connected, in sound properties on the output tab all the way to the bottom says Panasonic HDMI. Please note, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR HDTV CONNECTED TO YOUR HACKINTOSH to see the additional HDMI output...which kinda make sense. If you already have your HDMI output working from the Toleda and others here, great. However, if you want to try something else, give the above a shot. You will not get any support from this Tonymacx86 site for guides from other sites and vice versa. As always, Backup before you do anything. Time Machine is your friend.

Later.:headbang:

THANK YOU!!!!! I have not been using OSX for a while due to not having any audio to my entertainment center and this worked perfectly. Thanks for passing it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back