Contribute
Register

How to make my Sonoma Installation USB ?

I think you misunderstood. Stop using the Clover EFI folder, you don't need it. Update the SMBIOS and serials etc. in the OpenCore EFI folder's config.plist from Edhawk. You are moving on from Clover, it's not going to be your bootloader going forward.
I am not using the Clover EFI folder, like i said, I will use the one I've downloaded (EFI-sonoma-share.zip) yes OpenCore EFI, and I've updated the config.plist already. So next, I should mount the EFI partition on my USB Stick with EFI-Agent, then copy the OC generated EFI there, right? This would be the last step to have the USB stick ready to install Sonoma?

This would be the last step to have the USB stick ready to install Sonoma?
Only if you've already set up your motherboard's BIOS correctly. Might want to recheck those.

Only if you've already set up your motherboard's BIOS correctly. Might want to recheck those.
I have same BIOS senttings since I started with el Capitan, then Catalina, is there any differences? The thing I still cannot get is how do I install that Open Core EFI folder in my USB Stick containing Sonoma, I just copy it to the Stick?. Then I suppose I install from this USB Stick to the SSD, but then again, what happen with the EFI folder? A regular MAC's system has a EFI folder, rigth? Do I need to put this little app in the USB Stick as well to mount the EFI and then replace it with the OC generated one? Sorry for so many quations but since all this is not in the guide, there is a lot guessing.

I have same BIOS senttings since I started with el Capitan, then Catalina, is there any differences? The thing I still cannot get is how do I install that Open Core EFI folder in my USB Stick containing Sonoma, I just copy it to the Stick?. Then I suppose I install from this USB Stick to the SSD, but then again, what happen with the EFI folder? A regular MAC's system has a EFI folder, rigth? Do I need to put this little app in the USB Stick as well to mount the EFI and then replace it with the OC generated one? Sorry for so many quations but since all this is not in the guide, there is a lot guessing.
When you format the USB stick as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), 2 partions will be created, 1 of which is the EFI. Mount that EFI partition and copy the OC-generated EFI folder to that EFI partition. The other partition should contain the macOS Sonoma installation files, assuming that you have already followed the steps to create a bootable USB stick with Sonoma installation files on it.

Boot from the USB stick and install Sonoma onto the SSD. After the installation is complete, mount the EFI partition on the SSD and copy the EFI folder from the EFI partition of the USB stick --> EFI partition of the SSD. From now on, you'll boot from the SSD (and change the BIOS to boot from the EFI partition of the SSD as the Primary Boot Device).

When you format the USB stick as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), 2 partions will be created, 1 of which is the EFI. Mount that EFI partition and copy the OC-generated EFI folder to that EFI partition. The other partition should contain the macOS Sonoma installation files, assuming that you have already followed the steps to create a bootable USB stick with Sonoma installation files on it.

Boot from the USB stick and install Sonoma onto the SSD. After the installation is complete, mount the EFI partition on the SSD and copy the EFI folder from the EFI partition of the USB stick --> EFI partition of the SSD. From now on, you'll boot from the SSD (and change the BIOS to boot from the EFI partition of the SSD as the Primary Boot Device).
Thanks for claryfaing all this. I appreciate it.

Just one more thing, when you say "mount the EFI partition on the SSD and copy the EFI folder from the EFI partition of the USB stick --> EFI partition of the SSD" you mean, replace the mounted EFI with the OC generated EFI? Also to mount the EFI partition at that point, I will need to use a EFI mounter app, so I will need to first copy this EFI mounter app to the USB Stick, right?

Just one more thing, when you say "mount the EFI partition on the SSD and copy the EFI folder from the EFI partition of the USB stick --> EFI partition of the SSD" you mean, replace the mounted EFI with the OC generated EFI? Also to mount the EFI partition at that point, I will need to use a EFI mounter app, so I will need to first copy this EFI mounter app to the USB Stick, right?
You download and run EFI agent app on any relatively new version of macOS. It isn't necessary to put EFI agent on the USB installer.

Thanks for claryfaing all this. I appreciate it.

You can use the EFI Agent app as @trs96 suggested or the Hackintool app to mount the EFI. I use Hackintool for many purposes and would recommend it.

If you do use the Hackintool app, click on the Disks tab to view all available storage on your system. You'll see the USB stick, the SSD, and any disks you may have. Mount both the EFI partitions from the USB stick and the EFI partition from the SSD, then copy the EFI folder from the USB to the SSD.

Back