Graphics
GTX550Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there, I achieve to work properly with 10.6.8 on my P5K premium quad core 6600 and GF 8800GTS 512...

Recently a bought a new GPU GTX550Ti and everery where I look it is full supported by Chimera and others but I´m not able to do it work...
When I plug it on the Mobo i aquire a Kernelpanic and if i plug 8800 again it works...

I want to update to Lion but it is needed solve that before continue.

:banghead: Help

I thimk I must to delete something for uninstall the previous GPU, but i don´t know where is it installed an how does it works to install the new one :oops:

Did you make a hex injection in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist
If so remove that but before backup your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

xedios2002 said:
Did you make a hex injection in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist
If so remove that but before backup your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I don´t know how to do it, how to Know my hex data?

If you don't know how to do it then you didn't alter the file, so is still vanilla from TonyMac multibeast.

Ok another thought I am not sure if the GTX550Ti is even supported on the SnowLeo

xedios2002 said:
If you don't know how to do it then you didn't alter the file, so is still vanilla from TonyMac multibeast.

Ok another thought I am not sure if the GTX550Ti is even supported on the SnowLeo

yes , it is supported natively by Chimera i bought knowing it.

I modified just now "graphics enabler string" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist from yes to no...
And thats is working!!

but now the problem is with my second monitor and it seems not fully working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back