Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

1st I'll try this :
If you follow the guide for 10 times and you still can't boot from HDD:

Post troubleshooting files, I will point out that you didn't follow the guide carefully, and you should learn to read carefully.

14. If you can boot and you don't have sound:
- repair permissions in Disk Utility. - fsck ?
- restart.
- boot without caches ????? command on boot ?
- rebuild cache with kext wizard ??? how ??
- reboot 2x eassy :)

Thank you.

And here is my Clover folder from /EFI

I Hope It'll helped a bit ... Now I must go to sleep :(

View attachment CLOVER.zip

Have a pleasant night.

Use PBI per guide. After, boot without caches. If trouble, post EFI/Clover, boot verbose, show photo.

Audio requires AppleHDAIDT.kext.

The PBI breaks sleep/wake and brightness on 2560p but I'll use it just to post you IOReg, picture, EFI and troublshooting files.

(without using PBI)
Audio also requires Config.plist edits?... As well as layout xml in HDAIDT?.... And DSDT edit?

This EFI/Clover is not from the ProBook Installer.

Follow the guide as written.

Then I don't really know from where it did came from ...
I have done it like so :

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 11.45.02.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 11.45.26.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 11.45.45.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 11.46.08.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 11.47.40.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 11.47.58.png

And after restart came this error
IMG_0979.jpg

Then there is /EFI/Clover in archive folder
View attachment CLOVER 2.zip

Use PBI per guide. After, boot without caches. If trouble, post EFI/Clover, boot verbose, show photo.

Audio requires AppleHDAIDT.kext.

Hi, how can I send you a log of the laptop not sleeping and the backlight breaking after sleep?

By extracting parts of your PBI with pacifist I managed to create a working EFI and audio kexts by applying only the basic patches for audio, IGPU, battery, brightness.

I gave up trying to figure out what was causing the Sleep/Wake and Brightness problem after running PBI:banghead: and just chose my own route as mentioned above. I assure you all steps were followed when using the PBI, there is a definate issue somewhere for the 2560p.

If it is of any use to you I will throw in another hard drive and run the PBI and upload details if it helps.

Thank you for all you efforts, it must be a HUGE amount of work!

The PBI breaks sleep/wake and brightness on 2560p but I'll use it just to post you IOReg, picture, EFI and troublshooting files.

Reply when you have the files.

Then I don't really know from where it did came from ...

Delete EFI/Clover folder entirely from the EFI partition, then run PBI.

Make sure you clean off any Clover backups from EFI.

Hi, how can I send you a log of the laptop not sleeping and the backlight breaking after sleep?

By extracting parts of your PBI with pacifist I managed to create a working EFI and audio kexts by applying only the basic patches for audio, IGPU, battery, brightness.

I gave up trying to figure out what was causing the Sleep/Wake and Brightness problem after running PBI:banghead: and just chose my own route as mentioned above. I assure you all steps were followed when using the PBI, there is a definate issue somewhere for the 2560p.

If it is of any use to you I will throw in another hard drive and run the PBI and upload details if it helps.

Thank you for all you efforts, it must be a HUGE amount of work!

Not possible to determine the issue if you're not willing to provide the files.

Back