Contribute
Register

I got a Ryzen 5 4600G.. and a 4700G.

Hi @craighazan I stumbled upon your post, been wanting to do this with my apu have a 5700G, I fell out of the hackintosh scene back at around snow leopard, what guide do you suggest for doing APU's? as far as I can tell you can't do boot arguments anymore everything has to fall into the config plist for that if I'm seeing that correctly...

Hi @kc9hri87 My advice would be to first read OpenCores Ryzen and Threadripper (17h and 19h) page, this will introduce you to your EFI folder and how to set it up for your APU. Pay close attention to the patch section, apart from that it's pretty straight forward. Another good read is Noot.inc's Hackintosh guide, you'll familiarize yourself with the intricacies of using NootedRed.kext, the 'ACPI' and 'Kexts' sections are very useful reads. You can add boot arguments to your config.plist, contained inside the EFI folder. @Edhawk has a 5700G he might have some suggestions too.

Here is a copy of the OpenCore EFI based on OC 0.9.5 that I have taken from my Asus TUF Gaming B550M Plus WiFi II & Ryzen 7 5700G system. You can use this EFI as a guide to what is required when creating your own OC EFI.

I have removed the MLB, ROM, Serial Number and SystemUUID entries I use from the config.plist, as you need to generate your own.

If you choose to use this EFI as it is, you need to provide these entries from a SMBIOS you have generated, using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS python script. I would recommend using iMac20,1 SMBIOS.

Just note that MLB and SystemBoardNumber are the same. Just different names are used when the entry is added to different sections in the Release or Debug config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI-095.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 43
Can I just add HackinDROM to the list of ways of generating SMBIOS info, because I don't think it gets mentioned enough amongst its many other useful functions.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 10.23.06 AM.png

Last edited:
@craighazan @Edhawk thank you both for your input I will give it a whirl hopefully next weekend... I just realized my primary os drive is formatted in MBR and not GPT so I'm waiting on a 2tb Nvme, going to switch windows to the 2tb (overdue for a clean install) and utilize my 1tb for mac instead of my spare 512gb sata give myself a fresh start all around also ordered a broadcom m.2 wlan/bt card in place of my amd branded mediatek card as I've come to find out is not supported not that bad of an inconvience for me since I will already be in my tight case, many thanks keep you posted!

@craighazan @Edhawk thank you both for your input I will give it a whirl hopefully next weekend... I just realized my primary os drive is formatted in MBR and not GPT so I'm waiting on a 2tb Nvme, going to switch windows to the 2tb (overdue for a clean install) and utilize my 1tb for mac instead of my spare 512gb sata give myself a fresh start all around also ordered a broadcom m.2 wlan/bt card in place of my amd branded mediatek card as I've come to find out is not supported not that bad of an inconvience for me since I will already be in my tight case, many thanks keep you posted!
Support for Broadcom wireless/BT has been dropped in Sonoma, still works in Ventura. There is a work around but I haven’t tried it, do some research.

Support for Broadcom wireless/BT has been dropped in Sonoma, still works in Ventura. There is a work around but I haven’t tried it, do some research.
thanks for the headsup I will check it out, I was already planning offline installer worse case scenario I'm out $30 much appreciated

@craighazan @Edhawk, Thank you both so much had some headaches still some persisting issues... but it's installed and my audio is working over HDMI so huge bonus I honestly thought it wasn't going to work... as far as wireless card I did not bother swapping that yet as I opened my case and looked... (I forgot how tight it is with my cpu cooler) I would have to take everything apart... AHCI had(S) huge problems had to disable sata drives during install... renabled post shows a generic ahci controller and forget about my 4tb mechanical causes a hang trying to even get info... oddly enough my install drive is showing ext... which makes sense since it's going through the chipset and my windows drive is going through the apu controller... As far as the EFI I reused yours EDHAWK I just rewrote the smbios info... tried IMAC then changed to mac pro 7,1 hoping it would clear up the sata hang issues no dice... would either of you beable to point me into a possible solution... is this kext related, config.plist related or is it because I didn't map any of my own hardware and I really should map it... Thanks again!

@kc9hri87
Have you tried iMacPro1,1 ? SMBIOS?, it could solve some of the issues you've been experiencing. You can attach your EFI folder, with SMBIOS info removed. I've had AHCI issues before too, I've never been able to either install Sonoma or get a pre installed SSD to work, I haven't looked into why. I just have a WD Black 1TB SN850X and stayed away from SATA. I think it would be worth waiting for BCM support in Sonoma, is Ethernet working ?.
I think you have to add Radeon Graphics to your signature, I've seen this with another user, I wonder if we could get clarification on this.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 1.26.33 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 1.26.53 AM.png

@kc9hri87
Have you tried iMacPro1,1 ? SMBIOS?, it could solve some of the issues you've been experiencing. You can attach your EFI folder, with SMBIOS info removed. I've had AHCI issues before too, I've never been able to either install Sonoma or get a pre installed SSD to work, I haven't looked into why. I just have a WD Black 1TB SN850X and stayed away from SATA. I think it would be worth waiting for BCM support in Sonoma, is Ethernet working ?.
I think you have to add Radeon Graphics to your signature, I've seen this with another user, I wonder if we could get clarification on this.

View attachment 572569 View attachment 572570
I'm away from my computer atm I will check that further tomorrow.. as far as network no idea rental place router is on the opposite end so I would have to run a temp network cable... I may look into a wireless to rj45 adapter later on down the road... no I read a quick post whilst trying to install someone had issues on a prior build and changing to pro resolved that something to do with IMac... so did that on the fly didn't have too many issues using my 2.5" ssd for time machine, larger drives tho mage may vary... this should be the final build of sonoma as I used off Orilio raw file uploaded Sept 26th, prior to that I had major issues with my USB drive accepting changes to the EFI open core partition refused to let me write after restart, so since it seems to be behaving I have more options to mess about and use the installer to check for issues screening through verbose mode, igpu had some hanging as well but no where as prominent as the ahci issues

Attachments

• 20231005_211111.jpg
    20231005_211111.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22
Back