Contribute
Register

I had a perfectly working dual boot of 10.8.2 and windows 7 but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello fellow hackintoshers, so I have a bit of a problem and I need some help with the fix. So I have 3 HDDs: 1 x 60GB msata with windows 7 and 2 x 1TB one with which has 10.8.2 and the other with windows 7. They were working fine with the dual boot (60GB with windows & 1TB with OSx) up until when I installed windows 7 on the second 1TB HDD. When I now turn on my computer it now shows the new windows 7 and the old windows 7. The only way I can use OSx is if I use the usb installer I had installed OSx with. How can I fix it so I can use all three with chimera?

Hello fellow hackintoshers, so I have a bit of a problem and I need some help with the fix. So I have 3 HDDs: 1 x 60GB msata with windows 7 and 2 x 1TB one with which has 10.8.2 and the other with windows 7. They were working fine with the dual boot (60GB with windows & 1TB with OSx) up until when I installed windows 7 on the second 1TB HDD. When I now turn on my computer it now shows the new windows 7 and the old windows 7. The only way I can use OSx is if I use the usb installer I had installed OSx with. How can I fix it so I can use all three with chimera?

Make sure your BIOS boot drive is set to where you installed Chimera. Re-install Chimera on that drive, if necessary...

Thats it?!? Haha I thought I was going to have to do way more. Thanks for your help I'll try it out right now.

After you get Chimera back, you'll probably end up with a problem booting one or the other copies on Win7. What you do about that depends on what you want in the end (eg. do you really want to have two different copies of Win7 on the same computer?). Cross that bridge when you come to it...

After you get Chimera back, you'll probably end up with a problem booting one or the other copies on Win7. What you do about that depends on what you want in the end (eg. do you really want to have two different copies of Win7 on the same computer?). Cross that bridge when you come to it...

Thanks sooooo much for your help!! Yeah that is happing now. Weird. What I want to do next is transfer my 60 W7 to the 1TB W7.
OSx is booting pretty slow =[

How to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back