Contribute
Register

I installed Sierra but I'm having some weirds restarts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell G7 15
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so I got macOS Sierra on a Lenovo G50-70

Working so far:
Everything a Lenovo G50-70 can get working with its hardware, even got iMessage working already.

The point is that I have had 2 times where macOS restarts randomly, both times I was not using the PC; it was idle, but also both have happened after different idle times(what I mean is that one happened 20 mins after idle for example and the other one after 1 hour)

How can I investigate about the problem a little deeper so I can try to come with a solution or look up for information about the problem?

Working so far:
Everything a Lenovo G50-70 can get working with its hardware, even got iMessage working already.

The point is that I have had 2 times where macOS restarts randomly, both times I was not using the PC; it was idle, but also both have happened after different idle times(what I mean is that one happened 20 mins after idle for example and the other one after 1 hour)

How can I investigate about the problem a little deeper so I can try to come with a solution or look up for information about the problem?

Do you get a Kernel Panic report dialogue window after the abnormal restart?

Start Console from Applications -> Utilities and view the logs

Do you get a Kernel Panic report dialogue window after the abnormal restart?
No I don't the PC simply goes off and then on, its really weird

Start Console from Applications -> Utilities and view the logs
Thanks I'll try that at night since I'm not at home right now. I will probably post the log, because I dont have any experience understanding those log files.

Working so far:

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Code:

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Sorry for the being new to hackintosh still but where do I get IOReg v 2.1? The post of how to make a copy of IOReg has the v10.6.3 and it says u can get v2.1 from interim but not sure what that is

Nevermind I downloaded the one from the post opened it and checked about IOReg and says v2.1 I will prepare those files asap thanks for the help

Code:

Code:

Here are the files, thanks for helping

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back