Contribute
Register

I'm done with Apple, I'm printing my own cube pro.

Motherboard
Gigabyte A520i AC
CPU
Ryzen 7 4700G
Graphics
Radeon Vega 8
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When we do finally see the new Mac Pro, hopefully mine will be finished ahead of schedule!. Sure, the H310T isn't a pro build, but it's small and I can't keep it naked forever, it needs a home, I can't see my iMac mod being finished soon.
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 2.14.03 PM.png

Last edited:
And 16 hours later we have a Pro side panel.

pro grid 2.jpg

Attachments

• Tremendous Elzing.stl.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Preview is really good at .stl files!. Getting closer to being a cube, I rotated my Pro Grille 90 degrees compared to Apples original. IMO it looks cleaner and after yesterdays test print, decided to print them separately to the frame. Printing the grille vertically is untidy and will probably take a week, if not more, to print in one go.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 12.52.29 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 12.07.37 AM.png

apple-mac-pro-2019-19-2-1280x720.jpg

Attachments

• ProCube.stl.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 31
Thinking about the SSD mount, which will live under the motherboard and separated by spacers. I'm putting the GPU above the motherboard again like in the Mini Cube. Just started a print for the main structure in yellow which I really like, should have something in 15 hours.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 4.18.36 PM.png

MPCbase.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 6.37.24 PM.png

Last edited:
I tidied up the ssd caddy and attached the latest .stl. I'm getting used to this color scheme.
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 7.24.52 PM.png

prog1.jpg

Attachments

• MPC02.stl.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Maybe a bit lemony than saffron the photo lightens it a lot. After 14 hours I decided I couldn't wait to find out if the alignment was right, the motherboard fitted though I broke two of the mounting pins in the process. I immediately didn't like the size of the arches on the bottom so I've revisited the model.

MPCbase.jpg
Cubecase.jpg

Poly(lactic acid)? Aren't you concerned it could melt from the heat of the CPU?

Poly(lactic acid)? Aren't you concerned it could melt from the heat of the CPU?
No, it just doesn’t get that hot inside!

SSD caddy, took two attempts to get a print because I locked the support inside with the first one, and this one split horizontally. But that worked out for the better and will incorporate that element in the updated design. The plan is to place the motherboard above the caddy and the GPU underneath, we'll see how that goes!.

SSDcdy.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 8.09.23 AM.png

Attachments

• MPC_SSDCDY-2.stl.zip
    18 KB · Views: 22
I'm also kind of excited with how well the blue braided SATA cable from Micro Center goes with the yellow.

BlueSATA.jpg

Back