Contribute
Register

Initializing USB Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Yosemite already and when I boot from USB I can see this screen. I named the drive "Yosemite".

Which disc do I need to choose to boot into Yosemite?

If I choose External (which is my USB), I see an Apple logo and loading bar. At about 25% the computer reboots.

EDIT: After it reboots I get another option HFS. When I boot from it, I get Apple logo and progress bar again and it reboots at about 40%.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 166
If I boot into HFS with this bootflags PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No I can boot successfully. :)

But when I boot up I have a really bad screen resolution. I am using HDMI cable.

The ethernet isn't working too.

Can somebody post me the MultiBeast settings that I need to use?

You won't use Multibeast at all. Go back and read this guide all the way through:

10.10 and Clover Guide

and make sure you've done all the steps correctly up to the point #4
of post install. Just follow one guide and do it completely. It's not the
easiest to start with Clover instead of Chimera (multibeast) as your
boot loader but as you've already started down that path, see if you
can get it to work. If not use the older way with Chimera mentinioned
previously. You'd need to create a new Unibeast if you want to switch.

I used MultiBeast and installed the things that you can see in the attachment.

But the screen resolution is so bad. I have monitor which supports 1920x1080, but I can only choose 1024x768. What is wrong?

And I can't boot into Yosemite unless I use this flags: PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No. And if I want to do so, I still have to boot from USB.

If I try to boot directly from HDD, I get an Apple logo and then black screen.

Attachments

• slika.png
    slika.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 123
TRS 2015-12-30 at 5.42.16 PM.jpg click on image to enlarge

There are two 10.10 guides. You can only use the first one, 10.10 installation with the Chimera
and Multibeast method. Use the 10.10 Clover Guide if you are using Clover as the boot loader. Then
you do the post install with Clover as shown in step 4 of that guide. You won't have success mixing
the two together. The best for your PC would be to use the first one with Chimera and Multibeast and
not Clover. Then switch to Clover later on if you need that. P1LGRIM shows you how to do that in
his Thriftymac User Build.

The screen resolution will look that way if you are either plugged into onboard VGA or you are not
using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I believe that is what you're older Nvidia card needs but research it
anyway. I've never used that one.

I used MultiBeast and installed the things that you can see in the attachment.

But the screen resolution is so bad. I have monitor which supports 1920x1080, but I can only choose 1024x768. What is wrong?

And I can't boot into Yosemite unless I use this flags: PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No. And if I want to do so, I still have to boot from USB.

If I try to boot directly from HDD, I get an Apple logo and then black screen.

If you do decide to switch to the first guide for 10.10 don't use the DSDT free quickstart selection as
your board does not have UEFI. You would need to use a different approach. Best would be:

Quick Start > Easybeast - Again, look at P1LGRIM's guide where he upgrades his HP tower to Yosemite
and converts it to the Clover bootloader.

But I tried with the Clover guide and I got stuck at the step when I entered commands at the terminal. When I searched for my problem I found out that it was due to Snow Leopard so I couldn't continue with the Clover guide.

Then I chose guide with MultiBeast and now I have Yosemite successfully installed.

So you are saying that I can't continue from step 4 of the Clover guide? What should I do then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back