Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Inject audio HDMI with custom values - APPLEHDA (appleHDAcontroller.kext) gtx970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect, in my case it was not recognized recognized ... Can you make a screen in dcpi manager?
Download AppleHDA patcher and see what is the layout id you have to use. It recognizes it automatically.
Use it only to know the layout number.
The AppleHDA patcher report is hidden below:
Hardware info:
- Realtek (Unknown) (10ec:1220) Rev.(00100101)
- Controller 8086:06c8 (sub-ven:1849:2227)
- Driver: AppleHDA.kext

SSDT-4.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-10.aml succesfully extracted!
DSDT.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-6.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-1.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-11.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-8.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-3.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-5.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-2.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-7.aml succesfully extracted!
SSDT-9.aml succesfully extracted!
Found "Device (HDAS)" in DSDT.aml, you should rename it as "Device (HDEF)" for a working audio!
No property "layout-id" was found inside your ACPI tables, maybe injected in other way, looking in ioreg..
Found supported "layout-id = 7" in ioreg: be sure that respect your audio connectors
No "Device (HDAU)" was found inside your ACPI tables. That is normal w/o a PCI Video card or w/o an HDMI connector on it!

AppleHDA Patcher.app only supports (if patched by Mirone):
layout-id 2 for laptop's,
layout-id 5 for Desktop's with 3 connectors (pink, green and blue),
layout-id 7 for Desktop's with 5/6 connectors (gray, black, orange, pink, green and blue),
layout-id 9 for Desktop's with 5/6 connectors (gray, black, orange, pink, green, blue, CodecAddress:2)

aDummyHDA.kext works only is /System/Library/Extensions.
Laptop's may be need the provided ACPI Patch such system_IRQ.txt to be functional.
HDAEnabler.kext maybe usefull if you don't want to edit your ACPI table or the Clover's config,
or the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist.
CodecCommander.kext is usefull in the case you have no sound after waking from sleep.

Generated kexts should be installed in a proper way, repairing its permissions and rebuilding the cache:
dragging kexts into Pandora's Box.app window will help you to do that!

Ok you have to patch in DSDT , HDAS to HDEF.
Then inject layout 7.

I have done it in this config. Try this.
Try also with layout 1 and 3

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.9 KB · Views: 80
Ok you have to patch in DSDT , HDAS to HDEF.
Then inject layout 7.

I have done it in this config. Try this.
Try also with layout 1 and 3
The patch worked, but still no HDMI device found in layout-id=1, 3 or 7.
Hardware info:
- Realtek (Unknown) (10ec:1220) Rev.(00100101)
- Driver: AppleHDA.kext

Found "Device (HDEF)" in DSDT.aml
No property "layout-id" was found inside your ACPI tables, maybe injected in other way, looking in ioreg..
Found supported "layout-id = 7" in ioreg: be sure that respect your audio connectors
No "Device (HDAU)" was found inside your ACPI tables. That is normal w/o a PCI Video card or w/o an HDMI connector on it!

layout-id 7 for Desktop's with 5/6 connectors (gray, black, orange, pink, green and blue),
layout-id 9 for Desktop's with 5/6 connectors (gray, black, orange, pink, green, blue, CodecAddress:2)

Laptop's may be need the provided ACPI Patch such system_IRQ.txt to be functional.
HDAEnabler.kext maybe usefull if you don't want to edit your ACPI table or the Clover's config,
CodecCommander.kext is usefull in the case you have no sound after waking from sleep.

Generated kexts should be installed in a proper way, repairing its permissions and rebuilding the cache:
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 5.45.07 PM.png

Attachments

• configNO_SERIAL.plist
    31.8 KB · Views: 76
But if you use vodoohda.kext would it be fine? Or do you necessarily want appleHDA?

If you want to use vodooHDA.kext, use
- patch HDAS to HDEF
- Use ssdt audio Hdmi
- remove AppleALC.kext
- Use Lilu.kext

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    98.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I think also the problem was that you didn't patched DSDT with HDAS to HDEF. So you should try to use original AppleAlc and original config.plist without patch to ControllerHDA.kext
This because your gpu is supported and so only with ssdt, HDMI audio should work

I think also the problem was that you didn't patched DSDT with HDAS to HDEF. So you should try to use original AppleAlc and original config.plist without patch to ControllerHDA.kext
This because your gpu is supported and so only with ssdt, HDMI audio should work
Original AppleALC didn't work, even without the ControllerHDA patch. So, I went straight to VoodooHDA.kext:
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 7.28.10 PM.png

The highlighted device worked! The 1st and 5th devices didn't . I suppose one is for the iGPU with HDMI out and perhaps another is for one of the other ports on the dGPU, which is considered HDMI but isn't really.

Hardware info:
- Realtek (Unknown) (10ec:1220)
- Driver: VoodooHDA

Found "Device (HDEF)" in DSDT.aml

So what are the consequences for using voodooHDA going forward if:
1. This machine is used in a recording studio, with attached sound cards, either in PCIe or via Thunderbolt3?
2. An AMD dGPU replaces the GT-710?

For now, all is well. Thank you so much for your patience and thoughtful troubleshooting! 1000 grazie!

Last edited:
nothing figured it was a pleasure!
try the different 1-3-5-7 layouts anyway

if you use it to record I assume you will use an external sound card so there will be no problems!
the fact that this kext works is a matter of addresses, it means that we could have succeeded with Applehda too ... :)

To remove Intel HDMI you can inset this in config.plist disabling the iGPU.

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>

Hi both.

Just out of interest I discovered that AppleALC worked for Catalina and Big Sur but that I needed VoodooHDA for Mojave and High Sierra. This was for a 500-series ASRock motherboard and Comet Lake CPU.

I have no idea why, but there must have been changes made to macOS at some point.

ok thanks for the information. I was looking for a way in fact to compare the values which takes from AppleHDA controller used on both systems. This is so that you can appropriately modify AppleALC which passes the values to it. How could we do?

nothing figured it was a pleasure!
try the different 1-3-5-7 layouts anyway

if you use it to record I assume you will use an external sound card so there will be no problems!
the fact that this kext works is a matter of addresses, it means that we could have succeeded with Applehda too ... :)

To remove Intel HDMI you can inset this in config.plist disabling the iGPU.

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
Layout-ids 1, 3 ,5 and 7 give the same devices (shown earlier), so I've stayed with 7. I'm not sure where in the config.list to insert the code above, but am satisfied with the result as it is. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back