Contribute
Register

Intel DP55WG Installs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ricardo said:
Hello everybody, I'm in trouble, my ALC 888 sound does not work, or sometimes wheezing is, could you help me?

my settings
DP55WB
Core i5 750
Snow Leopard 10.6.3
* Realtek ALC888
Intel ® 82578DC ok

one that is the problem is the ALC888 ...

ps: sorry for English, I used the google translator

Ricardo - try this -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1277378

I'm seriously thinking about giving a try to this motherboard for my first desktop build. Hardware parts should be i5 750 2x2GB KingstonValue and 9800GT. Which kexts i have to consider when using the DSDT posted on tonymac? I read a lot about ethernet and sound. Are thos issues fixed with 10.6.4 ?

Thanks for highlights on what i should except with a fresh install on this motherboard.

erz said:
I'm seriously thinking about giving a try to this motherboard for my first desktop build. Hardware parts should be i5 750 2x2GB KingstonValue and 9800GT. Which kexts i have to consider when using the DSDT posted on tonymac? I read a lot about ethernet and sound. Are thos issues fixed with 10.6.4 ?

Thanks for highlights on what i should except with a fresh install on this motherboard.

I am not sure about ethernet since I am on wifi from day 1. For sound, couple of AppleHDA.kext work with ALC888 on this board - look for the links above (there are 2 versions both from bansuku).

Damn, i put the iBoot Supported/iBoot Nvidia. Nothing happen after disk said mounting done... No chameleon :banghead: :beachball:

i got it with the old p55 boot cd and 10.6.3. i should run multibeast.

Ok i finally ran multibeast got easybeast for supported cpu, recognize my computer as a mac pro. Lan is ok with multibeast intel network driver (i got 1.0.1... maybe 1.0.3 should improve support of sleep). Sound is not working but i thought i didnt got the good way to install it because i tried to install ACL888 and the motherboard seems to use ACL889, i should test it this evening. Sleep is not enable and give me the black screen of the impossible wake up state, i tried a sleep enabler. Gives me KP. Removed, looking for another kext that will enable sleep.

9800Gt is running fine and system response is very good. I want to thanks tonymac and its mates for the work they have done to give us the possibility to install and tune a system like macos on x86 platform.

Thanks, :headbang:

If you have some guidelines to help me to improve my system, my ears are widely open.

:clap:

Quite everything is running nice. Since yesterday i have sleep enable with sleep enable 10.6.4. Sound and network is working even if speed is very poor. I got quite numerous kp with IONetworkingFamily because i got one in /Extra/Extensions and one in the /System/Extension folder. I removed the Extra one and everything runs flawless but when i take a look to system information i can see that there is a problem with SATA drives. My dvd burner is not recognized anymore. That new mac hasnt internet at time so i can't give you the list of my /Extra/Extensions but i'll do very soon.

I'll investigate a bit more... :headbang:

Hey guys! I tried searching on Google and searching on the forum but I just can't find what I'm looking for so I apologize if I may have overlooked it. But my question is where can I find the drivers for my wireless card. The Mac OS is nice but it's kind of really boring when I don't have internet on it. I use the WMP600N by Linksys. I looked on InsanelyMac to see if it was compatible and it wasn't on the list but when I searched if anyone used it on a Hackintosh, I saw it was a possibility but I didn't see a guide on how to do it.

Thanks guys~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back