RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have installed Sonoma and it boots o.k.
I can't make internet work. I have a Intel i225-V ethernet card and it is a pain in the ass.. In Ventura it did work.

I have read that a fix can be the AppleIGC.kext. So i have downloaded it and put it in the Config.plist
With the AppleIGC.kext Sonoma won't boot. It shows the apple logo with a very slow progress bar. Then it freezes.
When i deactivate it everything is booting smooth again.
I have set the pairing bootarg e1000=0 but that doesn't seem to do anything.

What did i do wrong? Is it because of my motherboard? Its a MSI Edge z690.
I have attached my EFI. It would be nice if someone could help me, because I am almost here ;)

Grz from Jerry

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.2 MB · Views: 66
Updating OpenCore would be a good start, as you are using OpenCore 0.9.3 from June this year.

You are using multiple 'fixes' for the Intel i225-V ethernet controller.
  1. SSDT-i225V.aml
  2. AppleIGC.kext
  3. e1000=0 boot argument.
Maybe you should try using just the kext or the kext & boot argument. You should definitely try booting the system without the SSDT fix enabled.

You might also want to try setting the following in your Bios & config.plist:
  1. Enable VT-D in BIOS
  2. Disable Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapper in config.plist
I think your Audio Codec is USB based so using AppleALCU.kext might get your Realtek ALC 4080 codec working.

Adding RestrictEvents.kext would also be beneficial.

Have you disabled the Intel WiFi/BT card that came built-in to the motherboard?

@Edhawk Might this work for me? I downloaded the kext, but when I tried to take a snapshot in ProperTree, I got this:

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 12.00.06 PM.png

So, I canceled the snapshot until I could get more information. Also, should I be using e1000=0 or dk.e1000=0?

@Edhawk Might this work for me? I downloaded the kext, but when I tried to take a snapshot in ProperTree, I got this:

View attachment 576817

So, I canceled the snapshot until I could get more information. Also, should I be using e1000=0 or dk.e1000=0?
Intel i225-V ethernet is now natively supported in Sonoma, so you shouldn't be using the AppleIGC.kext or the e1000=0 boot argument.

Remove the kext and the e1000=0 boot argument, then enable VT-D in your BIOS and disable Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapper in config.plist as @Edhawk suggested.

You shouldn't need to disable your Intel Wifi or Bluetooth card.

These steps worked for me on my Asus ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI) which also has Intel i225-V and I didn't need to disable my AX201 Intel WiFi or my Bluetooth.

Intel i225-V ethernet is now natively supported in Sonoma, so you shouldn't be using the AppleIGC.kext or the e1000=0 boot argument.

Remove the kext and the e1000=0 boot argument, then enable VT-D in your BIOS and disable Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapper in config.plist as @Edhawk suggested.

You shouldn't need to disable your Intel Wifi or Bluetooth card.

These steps worked for me on my Asus ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI) which also has Intel i225-V and I didn't need to disable my AX201 Intel WiFi or my Bluetooth.
Thank you... but what if I am using a Broadcom WiFi card with the OCLP patches. Will the patches interfere?

The OCLP Broadcom patches shouldn't interfere with the Ethernet controller if it is using a native macOS kext.

Thank you... but what if I am using a Broadcom WiFi card with the OCLP patches. Will the patches interfere?
While OCLP patch itself doesn't, replacing IOSkywalkFamily.kext may break I225 ethernet if it is attached to dext driver. For this case, you'll either need to use AppleIGC.kext or AppleIntelEthernet210.kext(with e1000=0) from macOS Monterey.

While OCLP patch itself doesn't, replacing IOSkywalkFamily.kext may break I225 ethernet if it is attached to dext driver. For this case, you'll either need to use AppleIGC.kext or AppleIntelEthernet210.kext(with e1000=0) from macOS Monterey.
Thanks. Could you please explain what you mean by "if it is attached to dext driver?" My machine for whatever reason, does NOT like AppleIGC.kext, so... I went into an old Monterey installer with Pacifist and found AppleIntelEtherent210.kext.

Last edited:
Thanks. Could you please explain what you mean by "if it is attached to dext driver?" My machine for whatever reason, does NOT like AppleIGC.kext, so... I went into an old Monterey installer with Pacifist and found AppleIntelEtherent210.kext.
@Jasonhacks @Edhawk

This is maddening. Added AppleIntelEtherenet210 and re-added the boot arg, and it wouldn't boot. Attached is an image of what I got on the aborted boot and the EFI folder I used. Is there ANY clue as to what is going on? This shouldn't be this hard...

IMG_4085.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 24
@Jasonhacks @Edhawk

This is maddening. Added AppleIntelEtherenet210 and re-added the boot arg, and it wouldn't boot. Attached is an image of what I got on the aborted boot and the EFI folder I used. Is there ANY clue as to what is going on? This shouldn't be this hard...

View attachment 577169
Here, try the attached EFI. I have not changed anything except for the kext.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 40
Back