CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Okay, so I am having an issue with the Intel integrated graphics upon trying to boot to the Mac OS installer screen. The primary display goes blank. Grabbing an external display and connecting to the computer through its HDMI port seems to help, but only to some degree. If I am using a 1080p display, it will only load through the top half of it. If I am using a VGA display with an adapter, it will load most of the display, but not all of it. When it loads the display, there is another issue. The output to the display is defective. It's kind of hard to describe. It is technically speaking still usable, but a user can not make out what is on the display as they would normally. So, out of the box, this thing does not work. It needs something else, but I don't know what it is. I believe both issues are tied to one single solution, but I don't know what that solution is. I have even tried to use the external docking station that the system came with, and use its graphics ports, but I haven't had luck with that either. I don't believe I have had this issue for desktop before, so I'm not sure if it's an issue to do with the mobile processor.

I am having this issue for multiple operating systems. For Clover, Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra.

I have not had this issue for Chimera (legacy) OS X Mavericks, and Yosemite.

System specs for this issue:
Dell Latitude E5430
CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M
Graphics: Intel HD 4000

This is the VGA display:
IMG_0023.JPG

This is the 1080p display:
IMG_0024.JPG

Both displays are at the point in the installer where you select your language. I can select languages with the arrow keys, and see the highlighted selector moving.

[Partially solved]: See post: 8

Last edited:
Okay, so I am having an issue with the Intel integrated graphics upon trying to boot to the Mac OS installer screen. The primary display goes blank. Grabbing an external display and connecting to the computer through its HDMI port seems to help, but only to some degree. If I am using a 1080p display, it will only load through the top half of it. If I am using a VGA display with an adapter, it will load most of the display, but not all of it. When it loads the display, there is another issue. The output to the display is defective. It's kind of hard to describe. It is technically speaking still usable, but a user can not make out what is on the display as they would normally. So, out of the box, this thing does not work. It needs something else, but I don't know what it is. I believe both issues are tied to one single solution, but I don't know what that solution is. I have even tried to use the external docking station that the system came with, and use its graphics ports, but I haven't had luck with that either. I don't believe I have had this issue for desktop before, so I'm not sure if it's an issue to do with the mobile processor.

I am having this issue for multiple operating systems. For Clover, Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra.

I have not had this issue for Chimera (legacy) OS X Mavericks, and Yosemite.

System specs for this issue:
Dell Latitude E5430
CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M
Graphics: Intel HD 4000

This is the VGA display:
View attachment 556192

This is the 1080p display:
View attachment 556193

Both displays are at the point in the installer where you select your language. I can select languages with the arrow keys, and see the highlighted selector moving.
vga has not been supported for many years

depends on the adaptor....

also try enabling CSM / Legacy in bios

also, use your internal display until you have installed macOS

I am still having this problem for Clover after the install, and am in need a solution. I am hoping someone knows of a fix.
no files attached...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back