4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's official folks! Intel has cancelled their entire NUC mini PC product line to focus on other areas of their business.
Instead they will be allowing their partners to develop and work on the NUC market instead.

Having recently bought two Intel NUCs - and I love the form-factor - for great prices I did wonder.

Over here in the UK a company called GEEKOM has been selling the old Intel stock, and also released its own new versions. For example the previous NUC 11 by Intel specced the USB-C ports as Thunderbolt 3 wheras the new version, Mini IT11, is identical but specs the ports as just USB4.

Bit cheaper too.

Clearly the Asus deal really is non-exclusive.

Whatever, I'm really glad the form-factor continues. It's very good.

:)

Did anyone else see this over the wkend?, I think I found my next build, this thing is tiny. Really good review and Editors Choice award from wccftech.

DSC_0139-g-low_res-scale-4_00x-Custom-scaled.jpg

f14dd34627306d08372716e6b5a451c0_original.png

Via https://wccftech.com/review/xulu-xr1-lite-mini-pc-amd-ryzen-3-5300u-mini-pc-review-tiny-with-style/

Last edited:
Don't know that this mini PC would be much of a build/project. All you would need to do is create an EFI based on the AMD guide, which would take at most 30 minutes, as your existing AMD builds will already contain all the necessary kexts, SSDTs and patches. Add another 30 minutes for installing macOS Ventura/Sonoma, 20 minutes to configure macOS as you like it and run a few benchmark tests and your build/project is finished!

The best thing about this tiny system was the case to hold it and the cables!

Case image.jpeg

Don't know that this mini PC would be much of a build/project. All you would need to do is create an EFI based on the AMD guide, which would take at most 30 minutes, as your existing AMD builds will already contain all the necessary kexts, SSDTs and patches. Add another 30 minutes for installing macOS Ventura/Sonoma, 20 minutes to configure macOS as you like it and run a few benchmark tests and your build/project is finished!

The best thing about this tiny system was the case to hold it and the cables!

View attachment 570349
But it’s so small and coot!, I almost got the Ryzen 7 version. But AM5 will be my next project.

I would have no problem with these guys building my next hackintosh, simply because they are like minded and appreciate that an untidy desk is a necessity in building hacks.

DA041E05-4437-4CEF-8231-F3C601874A48.jpeg

Back