Contribute
Register

Introducing GuideBeast: Interactive Online Guides to MultiBeast and UniBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work!Thanks

Amazing great work

So is this an all-in-one solution, or does it require downloading from the internet through the app? :)

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm wandering whether I need Internet access while I am running multibeast. And what should I do if my hackintosh haven't got my ethernet interface into working?

adamsmasher,

cool proof of concept. i'm going to be the nay sayer. i set out to build my first hack in august and there are few things that i have done that have been as frustrating. the #1 reason: every guide (every one) that i read was outdated. screen shots of multibeast and unibeast don't match the current versions. names of things have changed. version control and authoritative sourcing of required files is simply out of control. "did you try scott's version of the blue.kext? it replaces gary's version of the blue.kext." there are thousands and thousands of posts on what to do, but a general void of the whys. my hardware now runs Win7 because i wanted to build a mac to use. i have no interest in hackintoshing for a hobby.

all of this to say that if this is going to be a spare-time project, there is simply no way that the guidebeast will be able to 1) stay current 2) have sufficient, useful information. life will be better for you if you high five all around for the POC and move on to the next cool idea. however, if this is something that is the target of your passion and you are committed to keeping it current, then consider an editorial board that is comprised of authorities for each section. define the scope of the content before proceeding. define persona who will use the guidebeast. give each persona a profile. what do they know? what do they need to know? first build? 4th build? looking for basic, step-by-step, or in-depth instructions. without this, the likelihood of a generally useful guide soon is low.

this is a BIG undertaking. really big.

hope this helps.

Article: Introducing GuideBeast: Interactive Online Guides to MultiBeast and UniBeast

adamsmasher,

cool proof of concept. i'm going to be the nay sayer. i set out to build my first hack in august and there are few things that i have done that have been as frustrating. the #1 reason: every guide (every one) that i read was outdated. screen shots of multibeast and unibeast don't match the current versions. names of things have changed. version control and authoritative sourcing of required files is simply out of control. "did you try scott's version of the blue.kext? it replaces gary's version of the blue.kext." there are thousands and thousands of posts on what to do, but a general void of the whys. my hardware now runs Win7 because i wanted to build a mac to use. i have no interest in hackintoshing for a hobby.

all of this to say that if this is going to be a spare-time project, there is simply no way that the guidebeast will be able to 1) stay current 2) have sufficient, useful information. life will be better for you if you high five all around for the POC and move on to the next cool idea. however, if this is something that is the target of your passion and you are committed to keeping it current, then consider an editorial board that is comprised of authorities for each section. define the scope of the content before proceeding. define persona who will use the guidebeast. give each persona a profile. what do they know? what do they need to know? first build? 4th build? looking for basic, step-by-step, or in-depth instructions. without this, the likelihood of a generally useful guide soon is low.

this is a BIG undertaking. really big.

hope this helps.

Thanks for your feedback - glad you liked it!

It's very nice guide. It helps me to understand the latest MultiBeast, which I did not use last year when doing my hack.

Adam, I am not sure you understood the message from aznewt.
He is kind of warning you, on this journey, about maintaining the guide up to date.

I fully agree with him, about the difficulty to get/keep the latest information.
I am planning to build a new rig and I have no idea how to use the latest MB.
Thanks to this guide, it will be easier. (because it's a new guide and up to date)

But I remember, after few months finishing my own hackintosh, I had questions on my build description.
I could not answer all, because my screenshot of MultiBeast were just outdated. I had selected few options that were not anymore available, because automatically included, etc.

Do you plan to update the guide, at each new release?

Some feedback also:
I would prefer to have the button "NEXT" at the same spot, from each screen.
If we need to go to the last part, because it's not working, we need a lot of mouse clicks.
I don't know if it's relevant and useful. Just something good, in my opinion, for ease of use.

Also, about the arrow which is pointing the next section. I guess it's because the "animation" is finished.
Maybe it should be in a loop, so we can see again the different option, or the different things on the image.
(I had to click Previous and Next again, to watch the beginning again.)

Article: Introducing GuideBeast: Interactive Online Guides to MultiBeast and UniBeast

Thanks again for all the feedback, guys! I should maybe clarify a bit that the purpose of GuideBeast is to help provide an intro the tools - sort of a walkthrough rather than a detailed guide on how to use each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back