Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,

I recently purchased an iPhone 4 and have been having difficulty trying to get it to play nice with my hackintosh.

I have gotten it to sync only twice. Since then I have been unable to get it connect. When connecting iPhone iTunes freezes and becomes unresponsive. If I unplug the device iTunes suddenly works fine.

If I force quit the unresponsive iTunes while the iPhone is plugged in and restart iTunes it takes a long time but finally pops up with an error message which I have attached.

I also have attached a picture of the console messages I get when the iPhone is connected.

I know I can't be the only Hackintosh user here with an iPhone. If any of you can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

~ Midsyde

Attachments

• iPhoneErrorMessage.jpg
    iPhoneErrorMessage.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 169
  • iPhoneConsoleMessage.jpg
    iPhoneConsoleMessage.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 168
I just had/fixed a similar issue.. I had no errors.. but, my fix involved installing some kexts that I needed that I didn't have.. make sure u have the right kexts installed from multibeast, or from other places (if you need them)

Which kexts were you missing?

I was having issues a while back with my hack reading my USB ports as expansion slots. After some helpful coding from a user named Humph, they all became read as Built-in.

I have had no issues connecting external hard drives, flash drives, iPods, external audio interfaces, etc....ONLY the iPhone.

I tried it in different USB ports. In one instance the iPhone showed up in iTunes after I disconnected....that obviously caused iTunes to crash.

Again any help would be great.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

ok, you may not have left this out, or even need this.. but make sure to install 'FakeSMC' and 'FakeSMC Plugins' from the 'misc' section of 'Kexts & extensions' in multibeast... or at the very least, it sounds like you need someone (with much more knowledge of this subject, as I have almost none) to make u a custom kext.. or maybe it's as simple as a command line execution...

But, I'm not 100% sure.. I heard somewhere that FakeSMC is what allows programs like iStat menus to monitor ur comp correctly, so maybe ur iPhone can't figure out what the hell is trying to connect to it, and being an Apple product, the phone locks up..

let me know if that works..

oh, btw, back up ur info first... I have no reason to think this will mess up the Hackintosh, but in case it does, I don't wanna have u lose all ur stuff

Thanks for your help FALL3N. I have been away and just now got a chance to try your suggestions.

I already had FakeSMC installed but did not have the Plugins. I installed them now. No difference.

The iPhone appears perfectly fine under System Profiler. Just iSync and iTunes don't recognize it even being plugged in.

Has anyone figured this out yet? maybe a simple DSDT edit? It's quite annoying.

Also iPod Touch does not work either. My friend gave me his to put some music on and my computer wouldn't recognize it.

Thanks for any further help,

~ Mike

Any epiphany yet on getting iphone to play nice?

I am going to update to 10.6.8 as soon as I get some free time. I am hoping that may help?

I have an edited DSDT just for my USB's to play nice, i am guessing if I add some more coding I can get the iPhone to work but I am not sure what I need to make that happen...

Thanks for any future help,

~ Midsyde

Try this :
In Bios enable the C-state. I have succeed whit this one. Especially for P55 chipset. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back