Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

issue while updating :

after updating WEG, Lilu and AppleAlC, at reboot, stucked on white logo Apple.

No recovery mode is working neither selecting HDD (Mac OS or Mac HDD)

Booting with USB Big Sur Key is no working too.

Booting with USB for linux distro is working fine.

Any idea, advice ?

PS : using OC073 and OC074.

Many thanks.

Hello,

issue while updating :

Any idea, advice ?

Many thanks.

I used to get this when I was updating to the latest OpenCore version. It is possible that your config.plist isn't configured properly, or you haven't copied all the drivers, kexts etc. over.

What is your last version of OpenCore that was successfully working? How do you usually update your config.plist, with a Plist editor or an interface like OC Configurator?

I used to use OC Configurator, but that led to some sloppy practices. I now use a Plist editor, and I have a check list of the various keys I have to modify. I basically have to go through each section, 1 by 1, and check that I make every modification from the previous version to the new. Whenever OC adds a new key, you have to figure out the right setting too. Using ocvalidate is very helpful as well.

Hello,

issue while updating :

Any idea, advice ?

Many thanks.
I had the same problem upgrading from OC0.7.1 to 0.7.4. And my solution was to modify the section about drivers in the config.plist. As the format required is different from my old version. After i changed it into the OC 0.7.4 compatible format, successfully booted up straight away.

Ok. Thanks both. I donwgraded to OC 7.1. No success at startup. USB EFI is visible. As i select it, i have a "no name" entry but no "Mac OS Setup". No name entry actually correponds to my linux partition !!! (???) Is there a way to say "Refresh or specifies USB entry even if not displayed ???" Thx

hum well, solved. OC 074 seems to have done the job with Propertree and his magic handle "Clean Snapshot" that did the trick. Now fully rock stable then decided to upgrade to Monterey, no issue anymore. Thx for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back