Contribute
Register

IVY-Bridge and Giga z77-ud5h news

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Amador,

please post separately on your own thread with that problem, here I would like to only read/discuss solutions for the ga-z77x-ud5h board.

But here is are two tips for you: make sure you have followed EVERY step of preparing UNIBEAST and BRIDGE HELPER (read the guides). You really shouldn't have to change your optimize-default bios settings.

Try changing the USB-port for the boot-stick/keyboard or the port on which your startup disk is plugged.

good luck, ninetto

Here is my built:
i5 3570k+ z77-ud5h + 8Gb of ram

I used the same method as the other posted on this thread so I won't repeat it.
The only things that doesn't work are sleep, usb3, and HD4000.
Haven't tried for speedstep but if someone tells me how to test it I'll for sure try it.

ninetto said:
hi Amador,

please post separately on your own thread with that problem, here I would like to only read/discuss solutions for the ga-z77x-ud5h board.

But here is are two tips for you: make sure you have followed EVERY step of preparing UNIBEAST and BRIDGE HELPER (read the guides). You really shouldn't have to change your optimize-default bios settings.

Try changing the USB-port for the boot-stick/keyboard or the port on which your startup disk is plugged.

good luck, ninetto

Thanks Mate i follow your instruction and use the bridge helper.now it's working. :)

Hi all,

I followed (i think) DAVEOSX's guide to install 10.7.4. Copied the modified mach_kernel for IvyBridge over etc. Booted with "GraphicsEnabler=No UsekernelCache=No -v" etc but i get a KP at boot:-

IOPlatformPluginUtil
This is an unknown CPU model 0x3a.

I am sure i have done something daft as no one else seems to have this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

John

hazzy said:
Hi all,

I followed (i think) DAVEOSX's guide to install 10.7.4. Copied the modified mach_kernel for IvyBridge over etc. Booted with "GraphicsEnabler=No UsekernelCache=No -v" etc but i get a KP at boot:-

IOPlatformPluginUtil
This is an unknown CPU model 0x3a.

I am sure i have done something daft as no one else seems to have this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

John

Three ideas:
1- Which smbios (model identifier) did you use for multibeast? Anything but "NONE" or "MacPro 3.1" would cause KP for my system. Boot with rboot or such and remove SMBIOS in EXTRA FOLDER.
2- Did you use MacMan's SSDT for the CPU you have?
3- Are you SURE you copied the pathced mach_kernel that BRIDGE HELPER provided?

good luck,
ninetto

Hi ninetto,

You're just right, I edited the 5,1 to 3,1 in the smbios.plist, rebooted and all good. I should have let it default in the first place.

And i see in another post it' told "you need to delete the appletymcedriver.kext before going to mp5,1"

But i didn't try that so i don't know if that would have fixed the issue too.

Thanks for your help.

John

alpha-omega said:
what did you change in your bios? nothing?? what about AHCI and so on? :think:

Nada. Just deactivated the onboard graphics as written in my earlier post.
AHCI is the default setting on this board. (ga-z77x-ud5h). Hot-Swap works fine using the Third-party Esata Kexts in Multibeast.
All other settings untouched. Using DSDT from database or from MisterG.

Everything works except (probably) USB 3.0 and only one of the LAN ports. You have to decided whether you want LAN from Intel, then no patched kext or install the one for Atheros chip in Multibeast, which then works (at the expense of Intel).

Probably at some point have to experiment with the DSDT but for now I want this machine to start working for me, not vice-versa!

I have success to report as well!

Build: Z77X-UD5H / i5-3750K / 8gb Corsair / Nividia GT 520 1gb

I already have an Acer Hackintosh laptop running 10.7.4 so I just cloned that drive, added Chimera + Bridge helper + the DSDT from the database, and upgraded to the F5 bios and thats it! Booted first time! :thumbup:

This is a nice option if you already have all your data/music/apps and desktop set up the way you want it.

Only problem I have is my front USB ports are not working correctly? they have power but don't mount? anyone have any ideas?
cheers.

***EDIT*** USB 3.0 and all ports work perfectly now with the updated support released this week!!
Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 10.35.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 10.35.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 10.35.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 403
randallphoto said:
HD4000 will 'work', but no multi-monitor, no QE/CI (so everything is choppy and forget about watching videos) and at a fixed resolution (one you can only set in the chameleon boot plist file.

I went with a Radeon HD 6870 so it worked without having to do anything at all, full hardware QE/CI, 3 monitors currently etc etc.

Yet another reason to hold off on Ivy Bridge processors -- I'm using the z77x-udh5, but with a 2700K. All working well here, except for the usb 3 ports running at usb 2 speeds... not really a concern though. Easiest beast that I've tamed yet -- also, I second the use of the 6870 for it's ease of install. Just plug it in and you're set.

Just an update to my system, I was having problems with my GTX 560 Ti crashing (system freeze and graphics corruption) on running videos or hardware accelerated graphics (screen savers, flash video, etc) and/or just randomly after +30 mins uptime.

After the new MacBooks came out, I installed Bridgehelper 5 and the system is now rock solid. No more video card crashing issues.

One downside, it does take a bit longer to boot up - sits at the grey apple logo screen for about 30 seconds now, instead of ~12. I haven't bothered to look into why yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back