Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys

On my recent build I used the recommended WiFi card (PCIe), as I did in 4 other hackintoshes. Everything works well for them, but unfortunately on this last build when WiFi is activated and I surf on the internet, kernel_task fill up my first CPU core (i5 4670K) and it is most of the time unusable: got the :beachball::beachball::beachball: rolling, applications not answering...

What do you think I should do?

Thanks !

(My build is i5 4670K, 8GB corsair, SSD, GA-Z87MX-D3H, integrated graphics)

Hi, any progress on this?
To me is happens mainly after waking up from sleep mode. No WIFI, just when it likes to.
Thanks

I did a new clean install of Mavericks and it solved the CPU problem. I sometimes get one video artefact when WiFi is on (as I sued to get before the clena install) and I can see that the first core's activity is 100% for about one second.

The other problem i'm experimenting with ALL my hackintosh is the RAM usage of "kernel-task". People will tell you it is "normal", the extensions are loaded into the RAM and can fill up to 1Go of the RAM.

I personally only have this kernel-taskk-ram-problem with hackintosh, not with real macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back