Intel® HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

i successfully activated the kernelcache and sped up the boot a tad. i did this by migrating all my kexts from /E/E to /S/L/E. Unfortunately this seems to break the p-state pickup by the system, slowing down the cpu by 600 mhz. migrating the kexts from /e/e seems to change the order in which they are loaded during boot. my installed kexts are:
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext[/*:m:mg0tmoxw]
  • AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext[/*:m:mg0tmoxw]
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext[/*:m:mg0tmoxw]
  • PXHCD.kext[/*:m:mg0tmoxw]
  • VoodooSDHC.kext[/*:m:mg0tmoxw]
  • VoodooBattery.kext[/*:m:mg0tmoxw]

i will try to get the system to load the cache for kexts in /e/e to avoid the otherwise occuring bootloop.

has anyone any hints about that?

/edit

so i did successfully get the cache working, without breaking the P-States. BUT that did break QE of the HD3000 :lol:

to do that one may just do a simple

Code:
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions /Extra/Extensions/

WITHOUT adding "<key>UseKernelCache</key>" to the boot.plist

Re: Kernelcache Issue

Soo.. i kind of fixed it.
the implementation of generating the P/C-states seems to be working a tad better on the newest chameleon.

to summarize:
i upgraded to 1817 of chameleon, migrated everything into /S/L/E, dropped the SSDTs, generated the C/P-States and added "UseKernelCache=Yes" to the Boot.plist.

it seems i'm able to reach the full spectrum of frequencies available, so my GB score is ~9200.

the shortened boot time in lion is a huge relieve :)

Hey, found you somewhere on Google. Do you have Vostro 3750 with OS X installed? Does it run without serious issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back