Contribute
Register

Lenovo T440 - Brightness and sleep not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've manually patched all VID (not PEG.VID) and now i can compile the DSDT.

Then i've applied the Brightness FIX (Haswell) patch but i get this error :

Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)

on OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, And(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, Not(0xF)), 0xe1184)

Unless you post your file (post IGPU rename), I can't offer any ideas...

Your dsdt is complicated, a part of IGPU is in dsdt, and a part is in SSDT-7.aml.

Compile your IGPU DSDT to dsdt.aml, then use this ssdt-1.aml (brightness patched from ssdt-7.aml).

Make sure you have to use ssdt.aml (for cpu power management) to make ssdt-1.aml load.

Attachments

• SSDT-1.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 75
Your dsdt is complicated, a part of IGPU is in dsdt, and a part is in SSDT-7.aml.

Compile your IGPU DSDT to dsdt.aml, then use this ssdt-1.aml (brightness patched from ssdt-7.aml).

Make sure you have to use ssdt.aml (for cpu power management) to make ssdt-1.aml load.

Great!!! Brightness is working now. Thank you for you great support!!!

So now i'm just missing sleep functionality.
The laptop goes to sleep (power led slow-blinking) but then it does not wake up and i need to power down.
Do you have any advice on how to patch the DSDT to fix sleep/wake?

Thanks

Great!!! Brightness is working now. Thank you for you great support!!!

So now i'm just missing sleep functionality.
The laptop goes to sleep (power led slow-blinking) but then it does not wake up and i need to power down.
Do you have any advice on how to patch the DSDT to fix sleep/wake?

Thanks

Use rehabman patches, they are pretty common and can be applied on most laptops.

Disable hibernate, use GenericUSBXHCI + "-gux_defer_usb2" bootflag can help sleep also.

Use rehabman patches, they are pretty common and can be applied on most laptops.

Disable hibernate, use GenericUSBXHCI + "-gux_defer_usb2" bootflag can help sleep also.

Unfortunately nothing helped...

I've patched the DSDT with all the System patches in RehabMan repository (SMBUS, RTC, HPET are the only ones that do something on my DSDT).
Then I've disabled hibernate and installed GenericUSBXHCI and also tried "-gux_defer_usb2" bootflag but the laptop does not wake up...

Unfortunately nothing helped...

I've patched the DSDT with all the System patches in RehabMan repository (SMBUS, RTC, HPET are the only ones that do something on my DSDT).
Then I've disabled hibernate and installed GenericUSBXHCI and also tried "-gux_defer_usb2" bootflag but the laptop does not wake up...

If you're getting instant wake, try "7-series USB"...

If you need help, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

And describe *exactly* what is wrong with sleep.

If you're getting instant wake, try "7-series USB"...

If you need help, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

And describe *exactly* what is wrong with sleep.

Hi RehabMan, please find attached my ioreg.

Regarding what's wrong with sleep: if i just close the lid nothing happens. If i select sleep from the Apple menu, the system goes to sleep after a while (i can see the power led blinking slowly as it does in Windows and from the user manual this indicates sleep mode). But then, the system does not wake up if i press a key or the power button - i can only keep the power button pressed for several seconds until the laptop powers off.

View attachment T440.zip

Hi RehabMan, please find attached my ioreg.

Regarding what's wrong with sleep: if i just close the lid nothing happens. If i select sleep from the Apple menu, the system goes to sleep after a while (i can see the power led blinking slowly as it does in Windows and from the user manual this indicates sleep mode). But then, the system does not wake up if i press a key or the power button - i can only keep the power button pressed for several seconds until the laptop powers off.

View attachment 90515

ioreg is corrupt. Read/follow the instructions carefully.

Not all laptops will wake via keypress. What happens when you press the power button to wake? Nothing? Crash? Does the LED stop blinking? Connect external monitor... Check system.log for 'Wake Reason'.

ioreg is corrupt. Read/follow the instructions carefully.

Not all laptops will wake via keypress. What happens when you press the power button to wake? Nothing? Crash? Does the LED stop blinking? Connect external monitor... Check system.log for 'Wake Reason'.

Weird..., i can open it. I've launched IoRegistryExplorer v. 3.0.2 and then File->Save a copy as.

I'm attaching it again so you can check if it's ok...

View attachment T440.ioreg

When i press the power button, nothing happens: no crash, no wake, nothing, the machine remains in sleep state...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back