Contribute
Register

LG UltraFine 5K Build

but then I have to unplug one DP cable to get boot screen.

Have you solved this problem. The ASUS PROART Z490 I use also has this problem. System Monterey 12.6.1
I haven't solved that problem. Since then I just put my computer to sleep, so I don't need to re-plug anything every day.

UltraFine with Titan Ridge inside supports only 4K via USB-C. Period.
That’s what I tried to tell them, albeit rushing so I did not explain it further, but they did not listen to me…

I haven't solved that problem. Since then I just put my computer to sleep, so I don't need to re-plug anything every day.
Out of curiosity, which version do you have? Titan ridge?

That’s what I tried to tell them, albeit rushing so I did not explain it further, but they did not listen to me…

Out of curiosity, which version do you have? Titan ridge?
Yes, mine is Titan Ridge.

Hello, all
was wondering if i can get need an advice here. I'm going to buy a LG 27MD5KL-B just to have a decent 5k monitor.
Unfortunately I can't find any information if the display works with Asus ThunderboltEX 4 card that will be inserted into motherboard with AMD chipset (Asus b650e-f). (https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/accessories/thunderboltex-4/) .
Does anybody have any similar setup with AMD chipset and confirm that the monitor works fine ?

Hello, all
was wondering if i can get need an advice here. I'm going to buy a LG 27MD5KL-B just to have a decent 5k monitor.
Unfortunately I can't find any information if the display works with Asus ThunderboltEX 4 card that will be inserted into motherboard with AMD chipset (Asus b650e-f). (https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/accessories/thunderboltex-4/) .
Does anybody have any similar setup with AMD chipset and confirm that the monitor works fine ?

i tried asus thunderboltex 3 and it didn't worked for me, so can't recommend to use asus thunderbolt extension card at all
gigabyte titan ridge is the best option

Hello, all
It worked for me with ThunderboltEX 3-TR at 5K, but I had some issues in macOS. With Titan Ridge it works more stable, but requires to reconnect one DP cable to be able to boot

It worked for me with ThunderboltEX 3-TR at 5K, but I had some issues in macOS. With Titan Ridge it works more stable, but requires to reconnect one DP cable to be able to boot
BTW, earlier I've posted my solution to cable re-connection problem (connecting Titan Ridge to M.2 port of motherboard). Now I don't need to reconnect anything - I see POST screen of BIOS and macOS works in 5K resolution,

Reactions: etc
Can you directly access the Desktop after booting up? Do you not need to unplug the DP, and plug it in again?

Can you directly access the Desktop after booting up? Do you not need to unplug the DP, and plug it in again?
Yes, I can. Nothing needs to be re-plugged.

Back