Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I've successfully installed Mac OS Ventura on my 8th gen core i7 system with Asus Z370-A motherboard using Opencore bootloader, Ver 0.93. i however encounter a problem with the system mounting USB drive, the system only detect and mounted Mac OS formatted APFS formated External drive, windows formatted APFS drive using Macdrive wouldn't recornised or even deteced under disk Utilities, Since i am multi-booting the machine (also using both windows and Mac OS operating system at Home) I primarily Using Exfat formatted Drive to transferring Files, in this case Mac OS Ventura fails to detecting Exfat formatted Disk, even in Disk Utilities, is it a mac OS problem or something need to be tweak on OC ?

@ky91,

You are probably missing the drivers in EFI/OC/Drivers. Just add the ones you need ie. OpenNTFSDxe.efi and it should work. ExFat should work in Ventura normally. If not swap to a different USB port and also check your config it's usually to do with your USB map not set correctly nor detecting. Or that if using SATA port for your drive you are missing SATA drivers in which case adding SATA-unsupported.kext into your build should help. However I'd advise against using ExFat for storing data long term because it is not a reliable storage format, unlike NTFS or HFS+.

Back