Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I and many members have already reverted back to the .106 or earlier Webdriver using a couple of different solutions and have no lag or other problems with 10.13.3. If you want to try and work without hardware acceleration, then be my guest and wait for Nvidia to issue a fix or updated driver.
Went back to 13.2. will wait until NVIDIA fix, or I may become brave and try the .106 using the "German method" tomorrow. Got nothing better to do... ;) Just two books in the works. @Superbogey, Thanks for the response.

ASUS G752VT:
Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext updated,
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi/OsxAptioFixDrv.efi removed and AptioMemoryFix.efi/OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi installed.
All went well together with x.156 Nvidia driver and CUDA driver 387.128. No lags and stuttering.

ASUS Z170-WS:
Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext updated,
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi/OsxAptioFixDrv.efi removed and AptioMemoryFix.efi/OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi installed.
Update went well.
Got black screen issue with NVIDIA x.156.
This solution was used to fix the problem: NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)
Finally CsrActiveConfig was set to 0x67.
No lags and stuttering all works well.

...AptioMemoryFix.efi/OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi installed...
You do not need to install both, AptioMemoryFix.efi replacing any OsxAptioFixXDrv-64.efi.
When removing EmuVariable, do not forget to delete rc.scripts in /etc/. When installing AptioMemoryFix.efi, do not forget to delete nvram.plist in Clover/EFI. Not needed then.

You do not need to install both, AptioMemoryFix.efi replacing any OsxAptioFixXDrv-64.efi.
When removing EmuVariable, do not forget to delete rc.scripts in /etc/. When installing AptioMemoryFix.efi, do not forget to delete nvram.plist in Clover/EFI. Not needed then.

Yup, scripts and nvram.plist were removed. Will try to get rid of OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi at next update;)
Btw, it was very important to do this:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...printf-work-freeze-with-osxaptiov2/?p=2549761

This update will replace your audio drivers. If you enabled Realtek onboard audio using MultiBeast or the cloverALC script, no changes will be necessary.
When first installed 10.13.2 I have enabled audio using just one checkbox:

Screen Shot.png

But after update I got no audio detected. It's suppose that audio should work after update? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
When first installed 10.13.2 I have enabled audio using just one checkbox:

View attachment 309669

But after update I got no audio detected. It's suppose that audio should work after update? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Did you try rebooting and checking sound after the reboot?

For anyone having the issue where "Install macOS from (your drive name)" isn't appearing in Clover, here's how I fixed it. In Clover I scrolled to the right and selected "Clover Boot Options" and in this new menu selected "Add Clover boot options for all entries". I then selected "Return" to get back to the main Clover menu and selected "Reboot". When the machine booted back to Clover, the "Install MacOS..." option was now there.

I have to add one more thing ... since this update I stopped having a strange behavior, when the computer was randomly behaving erraticaly - specially all the movements on the screen were stuttering. So I believe there is some improvement in the AMD drivers.

Did you try rebooting and checking sound after the reboot?
No, after update completed at first system boot I saw that I have no sound and re-installed it via MultiBeast.
But I think its no matters, because before this and some time ago, on another machine with Sierra update like for 10.12.x I got same situation even after restart there were not sound.

You can use download the Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager from InsanelyMac to repack the installer and edit the Info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext (/L/E/) and change NVDARequiredOS for your build version.

Thank you! That is great! Just installed it, tomorrow I'll see how it behaves; for now Safari remains a little sticky, but Chrome (which was really unusable with xxx.156) is smooth, Firefox too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back