i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Intel® HD Graphics FAQs whatevergreen and clover configurator

H87M motherboard, i3 4130 cpu hd4400 onboard graphics. Currently running Catalina.

Recommended frame buffer in WEG for Haswell is 0x0D220003. The same number as ig-platform-id in CC Graphics-ig-platform-id.

The same is true of my ivy bridge processor, the number in WEG is the same as the CC-ig-platform-id.

So it appears that frame buffer and ig-platform-id are the same thing in these two places.

So using information from Edhawk and Feartech I put the frame buffer number into CC-ig-platform-id.

Using hackintool I got the IntelGFX number and put it in CC Devices-IntelGFX.

WEG and hackintool both say HD4400 possibly need a number in CC Devices-Properties (the one next to Arbitrary). So I put the "spoof" number into where is shown.

There is a small add in number, 0x0300220D, at this link which also did not solve my problem.

https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

Restart and lo and behold no sound or accelerated graphics. The about this Mac listing give the graphics VRAM as 7MB which probably does not help.

Hackintool recognises both Realtek ALC892 and Haswell HDMI in the sound tab.

When you click the Realtek line it shows layout id 7. Changing to this made no difference. Changed back to alcid1

In hackintool/logs, around about a bunch of lines called 6:272, it shows:-

found 2 handles with audio

No AudioIoDevice stored

Found Audio Device Intel Haswell HDMI (HDMI)at index 0

The following 6 lines show

Found Audio Device Realtek ALC892 at indexes 1-6. 1-6 representing the different audio outlets on the motherboard.

I even looked at the Edhawk/mdes7 conversation, which showed an extra line in the AAPL section.

When I tried to add a line the only one it would give me was hda-gfx.

From my last experience the issue was a CPU setup which, thanks to Edhawk, solved the low VRAM and audio.

Edhawk created a mini EFI folder for me that contains these kexts and SSDT'S amongst other things. Maybe one of these is aggravating the situation although I do not believe this as just connecting the ssd to the h87m it all fired up except hdmi.

Kexts

AppleALC

FakePCIID_XHCIMux

FakePCIID

Lilu

RealtekRTL811

SMCProcessor

SMCSuperIO

USBInjectAll

VirtualSMC

WhateverGreen

SSDT'S

-EC

-HPET

USBX

XOSI

Hope someone has something else I can try.

Regards

Lesli

Hi all
A little update
I changed the CPU to an i5-4590s@3Ghz.
the info from apple shows an iMac 2015 has a i5-4590 fitted, maybe that helps.
WhatEverGreen(WEG) shows a recommended entry for platform id and clover CC only shows 1 entry for desktop.
Using Hackintool, in the patch tab and the info tab, and selecting Haswell from the intel generation box the platform id box gives quite a few possibilities. If you click on each platform id in turn the info in the selected frame buffer window below changes. From what I can see when doing this only two platform id's show GPU Name as IntelHD Graphics 4600. The platform id 0x0412000B shows it as a iMac 15,1 model. These two platform id's give the same GPU id list.

WEG and CC show this platform id 0x0D220003. If I use this in CC the machine will not boot with any of the GPU platform id's, it goes into panic mode.
If I use either of the platform id's shown in Hackintool with the the same GPU platform id's the same happens.
To get the AAPL platform id I followed an article on you tube which shows how to get the CPU id and convert it for the AAPL id.
Using the platform id above it shows the item being written in reverse hex pairs. Do not include the 0x in this write sequence

CPU PLATFORM id.
0D 22 00 03
AAPL PLATFORM id.
03 00 22 0D

This I used with my Z77n board, which Edhawk and Feartech gave great understanding about, using the CPU id for the Z77 board.
I tried to boot with the Z77 setting and it boots into Catalina but with the same issues.

It appears from the original fix by Edhawk and Feartech that the issue was CPU related. So now I am stuck. I used all the kexts and SSDT's listed above and am back to the same issue everything works except accelerated graphics and audio through HDMI. The HDMI port works as that is what I use connecting to my LG 4K 55" screen.

Lesli

Hi all
Hopefully the last update <. Solved. > on my machine.

Steps to resolve.

1. Open Clover Configurator (CC)
2. Mount your EFI
3. In CC, bottom left, click the house symbol
4. Click the upper "config.plist" in the lower pane
5. In CC, the menu pane, select Graphics.
6. Select the scroll symbol on the ig-platform-id box
7. Scroll up to Haswell desktop (only one option here) and select it (0d220003)
8. In CC menu pane select Devices.
9. Click in the IntelGFX box and enter 0x4128086
10. At the bottom of the same page select properties
11. If you have entries in the devices (left hand) box click each one until AAPL appears in the right hand box
12. In the left hand box make sure the only entry highlighted is the one for AAPL
13. Under the left hand box is a - and + symbol. With the entry highlighted select the - symbol to delete it.

Restart the machine and check the about this Mac box. I have 1536mb and audio HDMI.

Lesli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back