Contribute
Register

Making an AMD RX580 2048SP Graphics Card Work on Hackintosh

Followed all instructions except the GOP part because I could understand the "length 0xE600-0xE800" and offsets...

After flashing and rebooting - got beeps and black screen in both Win and Mac, secure boot always off.

Booted from igpu to flash back to original bios, and here it is. Need help plz

Attachments

• bios.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Info.gif
    Info.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Same problem on Mac - 5 beeps followed by a short "ok" beep, black screen on HDMI or DVI (didn't check display port)
On PC with Win10 where i flashed it - it works but recognized as "RX590 GM"...

Attachments

• info2.gif
    info2.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 3
- Where did you get these offsets from?
- Beeps and a black screen indicate that the BIOS of the video card did not like it. Something was done wrong.
- Is the original BIOS in the attachment?
I completely did not understand the part about inserting GOP file, it's my first time seeing a HEX editor.
The attached bios is the original one that i saved from this card with GPU-Z or Polaris Editor.

1. Hack with Sonoma, it doesn't boot and gives 5 beeps (no GPU) followed by a short normal beep, and black screen on 2 out of 3 ports. This hack been working great with RX5500XT until i had to replace it with this RX580.
2. This RX580 2048SP it completely new from Arktek brand, and comes with 3 ports: HDMI/DP/DVI.
3. I've uploaded the original BIOS that I extracted from this card right after i opened the box, it's the first thing i did.
4. Yes it does, but the PC with Sonoma does't recognize the card, shows as unknown "7mb". With original BIOS i can get into the motherboard BIOS too, with modified BIOS i can't see anything only black screen.
5. I have 2 PC's here, one new B760 based with Windows 10 (i use it for flashing the card only) and the other one is Z390 based Hack with Sonoma where this card should be installed after flashing.
6. We can try but your BIOS may will most probably not work with my card, or some video ports may be disabled, or in a worst case may brick my card...

3.1 - I've extracted the original bios from this card with CPU-Z and with Polaris Editor, one is 512kb the other one is 256kb, uploaded the 512kb here. Would you like to try the other 256kb one?

Here it is:

Attachments

• gpuz orig bios.zip
    111.1 KB · Views: 1
- I still don't understand. Is the BIOS I modified not working?
- It is better to extract and flash using AMDVBFlash.
- I will not offer my BIOS - my video card has a different set of video outputs.
Your BIOS works in Windows PC only and recognized as "RX590 GME" and not RX580 or 570. In the other Hack PC it boots with motherboard beeps and black screen.

The original BIOS works in Windows only and recognized as "RX580 2048SP". In Hack it boots fine and gets to the desktop, but recognized as "unknown 7mb"

Last edited:
Here is a mod with GOP.

During the firmware, AMDVBFlash does not swear, there are no errors?
Which version are you using?
AMDVBFlash Version 3.31 command line, no errors during flashing.
I'll try this one and let you know if it works, thanks a lot for your support

EDIT: with "mod_Ellesmere" i get invalid bios image "ERROR 0FL01" while trying to flash

Last edited:
This the first clean bios I extracted from my card with AMDVBFlash 2.93,
it's larger 512kb compared to previous 256kb extracted with GPU-Z.

Attachments

• Ellesmere_backup.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 1
Updated CRC...
Now it's flashed successfully, but same as before: on PC it appears as "RX590 GME", on Hack it beeps 5 times on boot and gives black screen....

Spent hours investigating the issue, and it seems like there's some problems with flashed AMD cards on Asrock motherboards, something with CSM/SECURE BOOT/GOP is triggering the 5 beeps and black screen.

Back