Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm sorry to ask again you help toleda, but i have another (small) problem: dictation works, but the microphone volume is low. I already boosted inputs with your guide but the volume (in dictation) remains low but seems that it recognize my voice anyway.
I always see this level:
Schermata_2013_02_27_alle_18_35_34.png

and it turns up when i shout on my microphone!
The front microphone (not connected, 'cause i have ac97, you know) has no level in the dictation icon (all black).

While vocal elements works great.

What i'm using:
P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3
Realtek ALC889
Optimized AppleHDA from latest MB w/ input boost

AppleHDA.kext supports Optical TOSLINK only. Verify the BIOS is set correctly. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.
Update... DAC's pumping out sound. The culprit seems to be Audirvana. I fired up iTunes without Audirvana and there it was, beautiful music coming out.
Started Audirvana and sound gets immediately cutoff and need to reboot to get back where I started.

Incidently, I connectec two optical cables. One out of the orange socket and the other from the mobo dedicated optical out. This is the one working. I'll see if I can sort the whole thing out as using headphones with no DAC, Audirvana gives a night and day difference on the plus side :(

Hi
I'm sorry to ask again you help toleda, but i have another (small) problem: dictation works, but the microphone volume is low.
Optimized AppleHDA from latest MB w/ input boost
If boost did not help, try an active mic.

Hello Toleda, Newbie here. I have been able to install ML with the tools provided by this board and I am at version 8.0. My board is a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH. I have been able to activate all subsystems except Audio . Audio is enabled partially. The Audio panel shows correctly. I can hear the OS Sound Effects, but level is too low. I played one of my videos and level is low. I played an MP3 and it sounds louder than the video. But this is of more importance to me: I connected my external TV Box (the one I have been using in my windows boxes) and it does not sound. Checked Mic sound and its low but the meter moves. I have checked all cables and they are working. I have the AppleHDA.kext that the OS installed and I did The Finish stage with multiBeast v5.2.1. I have installed with no DSDT and using ALC898 in Drivers. I have read from this board for two weeks and have not been able to get a solution. I have attached the IOReg file. I hope is the correct one. Can you help me?

Attachments

• learner's Mac Pro.zip
    418.3 KB · Views: 81
My board is a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH. I have been able to activate all subsystems except Audio . Audio is enabled partially. The Audio panel shows correctly. I can hear the OS Sound Effects, but level is too low.
What revision is your motherboard? What ports are you using and what is connected? What player?

What revision is your motherboard? What ports are you using and what is connected? What player?
First. thank you so much. I know you are very busy. Motherboard is v1.0. Ports are Pink (Internal microphone) and Green (Internal Speakers) as recommended in the majority of the related posts. I have tried the other ports with no success. Players are for MP3 iTunes installed by OS install and VLC, installed by me. For Video, MOV Player installed by the OS installation and VLC. The external TV Box I use does not need any software or drivers to be installed. It produces its own video and audio. The box is actually installed to the video input of the KVMA box I use and to the Console monitor output of the KVMA. As you have already figured, this video is shown and works perfectly in my all my computers, including the OSX box. Audio is connected to the output of the TV BOX and to the console input of the KVMA. The KVMA sends audio to each computer that has the focus using the Mic output that is connected to the Mic input of every computer. Every computer sends its output to the KVMA using the speaker port, a cable connected to the input port that the KVMA has for every computer. In the KVMA there are two audio stereo ports to every computer. Mic Output and Speakers Input. The Mic input port is showing audio (from theTV Box) coming in from the KVMA (its the only port that does this) as the meter moves, but no sound is produced by any of the other ports. No output at all. Even If I raise the respective audio levels.

First. thank you so much. I know you are very busy. Motherboard is v1.0. Ports are Pink (Internal microphone) and Green (Internal Speakers) as recommended in the majority of the related posts. I have tried the other ports with no success
Disconnect the TV box. Connect a mic to the pink port (use LineIn), select Internal Microphone and a speaker to the green port (use iTunes), select Internal Speakers. Verify Z77X-UD5 TH audio. Reply with result.

Disconnect the TV box. Connect a mic to the pink port (use LineIn), select Internal Microphone and a speaker to the green port (use iTunes), select Internal Speakers. Verify Z77X-UD5 TH audio. Reply with result.
Audio activity is shown in input meter. No audio on speaker. Its like no audio is being patched to the speaker. I play an MP3 and there is audio present on the speaker.

Audio activity is shown in input meter. No audio on speaker. Its like no audio is being patched to the speaker. I play an MP3 and there is audio present on the speaker.
Do you mean: I play an MP3 and there is no audio present on the speaker? I do not know what is wrong with your system.

Do you mean: I play an MP3 and there is no audio present on the speaker? I do not know what is wrong with your system.

No Toleda. This is not what I mean. I mean that no audio is present on the speaker when I use the microphone, even when I can see the input meter is active.

But, there is audio present on the speaker when I play, using any player, an MP3 file that resides in the OSX computer.

Seems that the microphone port does not send audio to the speaker port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back