Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.2 Update

Why there is a lack of iMac 13,1 definition ? :/

Probably because the DevTeam doesn't have access to the 13.1 iMac yet so they cannot determine what the changes would be.

Did you go for it?

Since this is a brand new build, I had nothing to lose if it went sour. I decided to let the App Store perform the upgrade. There was no problem rebooting after the upgrade (my biggest fear).

Although I have UEFI, I use a DSDT to get HDMI audio. The update didn't affect the HDMI audio.

It wakes from sleep but the USB shuts off during sleep, both 2.0 and 3.0. I am using a USB dongle for Bluetooth, So I can't use Keyboard or Mouse to wake. I hope there is a BIOS setting to fix this.

Warning: In my system Z68X-UD3H-B3 whit i2500k and HD3000 graphics, if wold check the option "
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations", turns the memory of video only to 64 Mbs.

Reinstall OSX (whitout format HD), and pass the
multibeast whit your configuration whitout "
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations"
, then, restart. Update, etc.

I too had a problem with the new fake smc. Had to recover from my time machine back up twice. Every time I tried to update I had kernel panics within the os and it asked me to press the power button. I'm sticking with the old smc for now

macman - have you seen my post in the network section regarding the ALXEthernet driver and issues I have experienced and also a similar issue reported by uniM

i foget to mention something that an other one has mentionned .. my GPU is a overclocked edition of the 660ti (msi-660ti-oc-edition) , and my mobo is a MSI-Z77A-G45 with i7 3770k

There are generally problems with Kepler Graphics (New Nvidia GT670) and the FakeSMC.kext (or to be more precise with the GPUSensor.kext inside it). If I install this one on my machine with the Gigabyte Nvidia 670 2GB OC card inside, it will freeze my computer once I entered my login password and once it loads the HWStats / istatmenu.

If I take the GPUsensor.kext out of my FakeSMC.kext it works. I also researched the repository of the fakesmc and there is a newer version of that library available. Unfortunately it is not compiled and I have no compiler ready to run it through in x64 mode. I haven't tested it but the changelog says it handles newer kepler GPUs more correct.

My machine also crashes if I have HWStats not installed but the GPUSensor.kext installed and running intensive GPU-tasks like cinebench. Computer freezes.

I hope that in the next multibeast this fakeSMC is updated to the newest version that hopefully will support newer fabric-overclocked
cards like the Gigabyte Nvidia 670 OC2.

@All: can someone compile a FakeSMC from the github repository with the latest changes from a couple of days ago? I would like to give it a test run on my machine.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back