Contribute
Register

Need help with HDMI sound on GA z490 aorus elite ac (Monterey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have successfully installed Monterey 12.1 using opencore and everything is working fine except for my HDMI audio
I tried a lot of methods from different sites with no success
My sound is working through digital optic connection but it does not work on HDMI (Connected to my TV (Haier))

Motherboard z490 aorus elite ac
CPU: intel core i3 10100
iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Audio: RealTek ALC1200

Attached is my config plist

Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.28.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.28.23 PM.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
according to your description, your motherboard audio codec is the following;

1641581594147.png

You can set a boot argument that will override your current audio layout e.g, alcid=1

Save, reboot, Reset NVRAM, login and check Sound to see if HDMI Audio is there ?

if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=2 , rinse and repeat*

if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=3 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=4 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=5 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=7 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=11 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=27 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=28 , rinse and repeat*
if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=29 , "You in Trouble Girl !" (one or more of those should have HDMI Audio)

Good Luck

View attachment 538663

You can set a boot argument that will override your current audio layout e.g, alcid=1

Save, reboot, Reset NVRAM, login and check Sound to see if HDMI Audio is there ?

if No HDMI Sound, try alcid=29 , "You in Trouble Girl !" (one or more of those should have HDMI Audio)

Good Luc

View attachment 538663

Good Luck
Unfortunately I have tried all of the layouts and the only ones that worked are 1,2,11, and 27 and none of them showed HDMI audio :(

Unfortunately I have tried all of the layouts and the only ones that worked are 1,2,11, and 27 and none of them showed HDMI audio :(
- are you using a HDMI to HDMI cable, not an adapter?
- is your video framebuffer working well and you're getting full acceleration through HDMI?

- are you using a HDMI to HDMI cable, not an adapter?
- is your video framebuffer working well and you're getting full acceleration through HDMI?
- Yes I am using HDMI to HDMI cable
_ Video framebuffer is working well but I dont know what you mean by full acceleration

- Yes I am using HDMI to HDMI cable
_ Video framebuffer is working well but I dont know what you mean by full acceleration
my apologies, I meant Graphics Acceleration.
I'm satisfied that you are not experiencing any graphics issues from your answers. I'm unsure why you are not getting the HDMI option in your macOS Sound options.

1641659034651.png

I did notice though in your DeviceProperties that you have a framebuffer-portcount of 4 however looking at the framebuffer table for your iGPU , there should be a maximum of 3 and your motherboard only has 1 Graphics Port (the HDMI) so not sure if that's a factor. Maybe try changing it to 3 or 1 ?

1641659069198.png

my apologies, I meant Graphics Acceleration.
I'm satisfied that you are not experiencing any graphics issues from your answers. I'm unsure why you are not getting the HDMI option in your macOS Sound options.

View attachment 538769

I did notice though in your DeviceProperties that you have a framebuffer-portcount of 4 however looking at the framebuffer table for your iGPU , there should be a maximum of 3 and your motherboard only has 1 Graphics Port (the HDMI) so not sure if that's a factor. Maybe try changing it to 3 or 1 ?

View attachment 538770
Ok, will try that out
Thank you :)

Ok, will try that out
Thank you :)
I adapted your framebuffer method to my own config.plist and everything worked except that I could not get HDMI Audio to appear so I see your issue.

Thought that I would adapt my framebuffer method to your Audio/Video config.plist so give it a try;

1641727180677.png

Plist attached

Attachments

• RobbishModFramebuffer.plist
    1.7 KB · Views: 96
I adapted your framebuffer method to my own config.plist and everything worked except that I could not get HDMI Audio to appear so I see your issue.

Thought that I would adapt my framebuffer method to your Audio/Video config.plist so give it a try;

View attachment 538839

Plist attached
Thank you so much for the effort but applying this one gave black screen :(

Thank you so much for the effort but applying this one gave black screen :(
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that my mine only works with the boot-arg; agdpmod=pikera

P.S.
don't include that last key line, I left that there by mistake. Hopefully you already knew that though.
1641738528286.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back