Contribute
Register

Network load seems to cause wide system freeze on some D3H/UD3H boards - (and probably others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefear cable network over wifi, which gigabit ethernet card is fully compatible with mavericks?
I've a z87 board. As in my profile.

Presto Gigabit Ethernet by Sonnet Technologies

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-Gigabit-Ethernet-PCIe-Card/dp/B0017K6BR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391120332&sr=1-1&keywords=sonnet+pci+ethernet

Right now there is one seller selling at $38
For some reason the price on this is going up, by a lot. You may want to pick it up sooner rather than later.
I use this and it works oob on my z68 board. I didn't really need it, but I thought I noticed some ethernet troubles and I picked it up, but now I switched over to TP-Link 4800 wireless which is just as good.

Just a quick notion: I've found out that the system usually freezes because of upload. Try running http://speedtest.net, my system freezes as soon as the upload measurement starts. So now whenever I have my t*****t client open I limit the upload to 1kbps.

Still looking for a better solution. I was gonna buy the HP NC360T card that works OOB, but it's impossible to get it here, and amazon sellers don't ship it here either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's stable but I updated to new bios and I change the voltage of dram to 1,68v, and I plug the cpu fan cord in the sys fan socket instead of the cpu socket fan, and now seems to be stable. I think is something about electrical stage of motherboard.

I don't know if it's stable but I updated to new bios and I change the voltage of dram to 1,68v, and I plug the cpu fan cord in the sys fan socket instead of the cpu socket fan, and now seems to be stable. I thin is something about electrical stage of maotherboard.

You went from 1.50 to 1.68v? Isn't that kind of dangerous

My ram is a ddr3 gskill i 2400mhz (32gb 4 stick)and the standard voltage is 1,65 I set to 1,68 and seems to improve the overall stability.

It freezes again three times in half an hour after 36 hrs of heavy load. This is a bad issue, it happens random, more when I watch video from youtube or in streaming, but in other situation too. We wait for a solution.

hi guys,

i've got the same problems (GA-H87N ITX from the Mini Gold and 8 GB RAM). I can reproduce the system freezes in my case -

Enabling a share with afp or smb or both and accessing / transfering large files will cause the server to freeze.

This happens only with the onboard network controllers.

Partly working Solution:
I bought a sonnet USB3 Gigabit Controller and everythnig is fine when i just use this one and disable the built in controllers in the BIOS. This would be OK for me, but with the USB Ethernet Controller the App Store will not work (System could not be verified) -> Didn't find a solution for that since efi-studio doesn't work for USB Ethernet Devices - Dunno if iTunes Store / Cloud / Match / Homesharing will also not work since you have to authorize your machine there also.

- - -

I've got also another i5 Sandy with Gigabyte where the onboard card stopped working from time to time - so i added a Sonnet PCIe Card and this system is now working perfectly (Unforunally the GA-H87N ITX has no PCIe Port - so this is no Solution for this Board).

- - -

I recommend try using another compatible PCIe / PCI / Firewire / USB Network Card - Disable Onboard NIC and give it a try till there is a better solution...

Hopefully this will fix the problems for some of you guys or you've got some tips for my ITX Board / App Store Problems too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back