Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

So in the process of trying to achieve functional audio with my ALC899 system (forum post for it is here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12804) I did something that is causing finder to be "Not Responding" every night I come home from work.

I am not sure what exactly I changed to cause this, but I will say that my TonyMac boot window looks slightly different now. It use to me a grey background with a white apple in the middle...now the white apple has a box around it.

Anyways enclosed I have the "all message" section from the console right before/during the crash.

One thing to note on the log is that it says "64 bit enabled".....I am not running 64-bit nor do I plan on it.

Any assistance in fixing this would be great....if not I am going to have to go to a back up of time machine from a few weeks ago...

Thanks in advance!

~ Midsyde

Attachments

• Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 130
So I would up going with a Time Machine back-up from before I decided to mess with my computer.

My computer now appears to be more stable and hasn't crashed.

I had some difficulty getting the time machine back up to work...Here's how I did it incase anyone else winds up getting in the same situation I did.

- I restarted computer and booted from disc. I used iBoot and switched for the SL 10.6.3 Install disc.

- I selected Back-up from Time Machine and selected the back up I wanted to use to restore from. After a successful install I restarted my computer

- After the splash screen on restart I got a "Boot0: Error"

- I restarted and used iBoot to get to Tonymac boot screen. I selected my hard drive. When I got to the grey apple screen my computer instantly crashed.

- To resolve the issue I again restarted and used iBoot. When I got to boot screen this time I didn't just boot my HD with Snow Leopard I selected Boot with ignoring system caches. This allowed me to boot into my hard drive successfully.

- Once my desktop loaded I opened Multibeast installed Chameleon along with System Utilities.

- After restart my system booted perfectly.

Cheers,

~ Midsyde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back