Contribute
Register

Nintendo Game Cube

Thanks for the tip Edhawk!. 3D print the feet that slot into the opening for the GameCube Security Driver, then attach a Gamebit 4,5mm screwdriver bit to one of the feet for access.
Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 9.35.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 9.38.44 AM.png

Last edited:
What would you do with the opening top lid?. I was thinking access to the SSD.

Barebone mini PCs, who'd of thought. Tried my mini pc search on Newegg and came across GenMachine store page. I've listed one from a search on Amazon above, but this one on Newegg comes bare-bones!, just need to supply storage and RAM. I obviously pulled the trigger on this deal. Merry Christmas.

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 4.43.39 AM.png

Barebone mini PCs, who'd of thought. Tried my mini pc search on Newegg and came across GenMachine store page. I've listed one from a search on Amazon above, but this one on Newegg comes bare-bones!, just need to supply storage and RAM. I obviously pulled the trigger on this deal. Merry Christmas.

View attachment 576392

Amazing how inexpensive these very capable mini PCs have gotten.

Amazing how inexpensive these very capable mini PCs have gotten.
Really is, there are some great deals out there if you're prepared to search for them. It's great that the community gets access to some great hardware cheaply for their Hackintosh. Thanks to the guys at ChefKiss.inc for NootedRed. :thumbup:

I’m guessing the Security Screwdrivers holes are beveled, I shall try again.

71334D4E-700E-426C-96F8-E12680E4A50C.jpeg

If you're not familiar with Tessa-Wolf's work, I suggest looking at their Thingiverse page!. The very accurate GameCube model compares well to the iFixit teardown and allows you to compete in the current trend of 3D printing translucent gamecubes!, miniaturize it, and scale to your needs. @phunguss what's your experience of printing with translucent PLA, is it really see through?.

My 3D printed Apple feet are a little tall, the best measurement I could find was 28x28x28, not including pins.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 10.49.43 PM.png

F377CE0C-25AE-4B48-892B-DB4F247C86A1.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 11.06.01 PM.png

Update. added custom Mac Pro grille to Tessa Wolfs controller place shell model and the white box is the GenMachine mini.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 2.04.30 AM.png

Attachments

• Neat Maimu.stl.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
  • MPG Controller panel.stl.download.zip
    778 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@phunguss what's your experience of printing with translucent PLA, is it really see through?.
Yes and no (PETG has a better transparency than PLA, but they print pretty much the same). I have the bondi blue and strawberry as well as a 'natural' or clear. The single line tree supports turn out pretty clear, but anything with some thickness to it starts to get pretty cloudy. You will need to do some finishing on it to remove some of the haze.

These were not clear at all, 5-8 layers thick, I needed the strength and the part was just too big to keep it warm enough to bond better or smoother. Smaller shorter duration prints are more clear.
Final_Shell-colors.jpg

You may have to play with settings a lot here.

Some Youtube videos 1 and 2

So far nothing I have printed matches the 80s.
Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 1.02.30 AM.jpg

But I haven't done any finishing on this yet... it will depend on where the light comes from, and what is behind it. These are 3-4 layers thick for strength.

IMG_2399-sm.jpg

Last edited:
That took less than 10 minutes to dismantle, only two bits required the gamebit 4.5 mm and a regular posidrive.

GameCubeInside.jpg

NintendoiMac.jpg

Back