Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gigabyte 100 series GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard. If it's unsupported there is nothing I can do but get USB or HDMI audio?

After updating to 10.11.6, I had no audio device anymore (ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, ALC1150 codec).
Using Toleda's instructions in No Audio Devices, as well as Audio, using Clover, it's back.

Thanks a lot for this guide, Toleda!

Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Audio: Realtek ALC887
Mac OS: El Capitan

I recently upgraded from Mavericks (Chameleon) to El Capitan. The network is working without any intervention of Multibeast. But, in the audio, I cannot see any devices under the Output section. This is a fresh install. I had earlier tried using Multibeast with different kexts, but nothing seemed to work. So I reinstalled the OS in the hope that a clean slate and with the advice of good people here, I'd be able to diagnose and resolve the issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

After updating to 10.11.6, I had no audio device anymore (ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, ALC1150 codec).
Using Toleda's instructions in No Audio Devices, as well as Audio, using Clover, it's back.

Thanks a lot for this guide, Toleda!
That's great to hear. There seems to be a multitude of ways one can go about. Can you please guide me as to which way proved successful for you?

That's great to hear. There seems to be a multitude of ways one can go about. Can you please guide me as to which way proved successful for you?

The guide under post #1 of this thread was a bit overwhelming for me at first, but ultimately it's doable if you do it step by step. I'm using Clover, so I chose that method. You really need all the tools described to diagnose the problem. Then you do the steps listed under I.

Problem:
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
Not an audio problem, a system problem. May require a fresh install. Off topic.

1. No sound device. I did a fresh install but the same problem. In the same computer , in different hdds have El Capitan 10.11.4 with sound, Windows with sound and Sierra 10.12.3 without sound
2 Sierra 10.12.3 Serie 100 MB Z170-H3D3P
3. II. Audio_CloverALC-120 command and MultiBeast with ALC887 attached
4 IOReg. Attached
5. Found AppleHDA.kext
6 There are not Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions messages
7 DPCImanager attached
10. CLOVER Installed. Config.plst attached

Attachments

• ALC-Command-Log.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 360
  • DPCI.jpeg
    DPCI.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IORegister.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 248
Sierra 10.12.3 without sound
kernelcache problem:
Code:
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/
Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists)

Try Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Thank you, Toleda! Appreciate the help :)
kernelcache problem:
Code:
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/
Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists)

Try Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Toleda thanks for your help. I have executed in the terminal your command but there is the same error. Please find attached the log . I have cloned the disk in other external disk using USB and there is sound with the same data , the same clover etc. It is very strange.

Attachments

• Terminal execution.pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 128
IOReg shows audio is working.
Audio is working with the black rear port, not the green one...

Las time you said:
Script:
Install /Library/Extensions/realtekALC.kext
Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC1150 zml files
The script did not remove the file it installed.
Run the script again.

I run the script again, and the shell info is the same, I don't have any realtekALC.kext anywhere, and you said the pin configs are installed with realtek command and I want to fix it, because I'm working now with cloveralc command and the black read port is the only one that works.

Can you help me or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back