Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No battery indicated on HP Elitebook 820 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like battery percentage doesn't report really accurate. Sometimes it jumps from 75% to 15% and jumps back to 62% when i plug in

Seems like battery percentage doesn't report really accurate. Sometimes it jumps from 75% to 15% and jumps back to 62%
maybe an EC reset may work

I can't seem to find it. Please help me if you know how to fix that
  1. Charge the battery fully, and leave on charge for another 2 hours.
  2. Change all the Battery Settings and the Desktop Screen settings to consume maximum energy
  3. Let the laptop battery run down completely. This may take several hours.
  4. Leave the laptop off and unplugged overnight to make sure the battery is fully drained.
  5. Charge the laptop back up and reset the Battery and Desktop settings to normal values.

1. Charge the battery fully, and leave on charge for another 2 hours.
  2. Change all the Battery Settings and the Desktop Screen settings to consume maximum energy
  3. Let the laptop battery run down completely. This may take several hours.
  4. Leave the laptop off and unplugged overnight to make sure the battery is fully drained.
  5. Charge the laptop back up and reset the Battery and Desktop settings to normal values.
That’s also like recalibrating iPhone battery. But in Windows my battery percentage still shows correctly. I think it’s not about the hardware itself

That’s also like recalibrating iPhone battery. But in Windows my battery percentage still shows correctly. I think it’s not about the hardware itself
your choice to try this or not

your choice to try this or not
I tried that and seems like it didn't work. I use until the laptop just turn itself off and I can't turn it on anymore. I charge it and turn it on and it's already about 60% or 70%.
I did it twice and about 70% it just jumps to 1%. After awhile it suddenly turn itself off like a hard shutdown. It doesn't act weird like that on Windows

I tried that and seems like it didn't work. I use until the laptop just turn itself off and I can't turn it on anymore. I charge it and turn it on and it's already about 60% or 70%.
I did it twice and about 70% it just jumps to 1%. After awhile it suddenly turn itself off like a hard shutdown. It doesn't act weird like that on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back