Contribute
Register

No wake from sleep ( I know it's everywhere on the forum-need some guidance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
Asus RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
My system is an old Ex58 ud3r with an Xeon5650 CPU and an Asus Radeon RX580 8GB. I've installed Monterey 12.4 (21F79) booting with Open Core .0.8.1. I am using SMBIOS 18,1 (I know MacPro 6,1 is recommended but I could never get it to function).

Everything seems to work fine except sleep and restart. Obviously this is a minor issue that has plagued users from the beginning. I've just been functioning with scheduled shutdown and start up as a work around. The problem is when someone accidentally or unknowingly uses sleep. It causes some problems requiring entering the BIOS and re-selecting the proper profile in order to start up properly again.

I've searched the site and found many possible solutions...too many to make any sense of a path forward for my awkward (yet mostly functioning) system. I'm hoping someone might help guide me to a solution.

BTW, if I set Energy Saver settings to only 'Prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when display is off' I get partial wake from whatever sleep state that is, but fans never stop.

Hi, sorry had to reedit my post, apparently this seems to be more correct answer for your problem.
Since you're also on X58 system I think this should work.

Just follow exactly what this dortania guide says and it should work.
Fixing Sleep Problem <--- click the link.

It worked for me on P6X58D-E, perfect sleep/wake working.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back