Contribute
Register

NootRX

It’s not a good look for Intel 14th gen when a 2 yr old Ryzen 7 5700X crushes its bandwidth and matches its flops!. Not only that it’s considerably cheaper too
@maksimlenskii.

Post in thread 'NootRX'
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nootrx.327414/post-2395574
But this processor works well with 400 tracks in Logic Pro, which even M3 max cannot do, I’m already silent about the Ryzen 7 5700X.
As for bandwidth, this is a problem with the card's graphics chip, nothing more. As you can see in the test above, the 13900K+ RX6950XT is an excellent result. However, the 14900K has a similar bus.

But this processor works well with 400 tracks in Logic Pro, which even M3 max cannot do, I’m already silent about the Ryzen 7 5700X.
As for bandwidth, this is a problem with the card's graphics chip, nothing more.
If you’re happy and it works for you and what you do, that’s all that matters. I’m just surprised, (and not!), that the latest Intel offerings, from the evidence here at least, aren’t faster in that respect. Or there could be other factors involved, EFI, BIOS, what’s installed etc.

If you’re happy and it works for you and what you do, that’s all that matters. I’m just surprised, (and not!), that the latest Intel offerings, from the evidence here at least, aren’t faster in that respect. Or there could be other factors involved, EFI, BIOS, what’s installed etc.
6750GRE - these say it all. Plus this is not a native card, and nootrx it is still an imperfect crutch)

Hello!! I just made few tests....I think cpu has to be tune up a little...but I have to study.... suggestions?
is it normal just 25 GB/s with pcie 4.0 ? In geekbench cpu I have disappointing values...all about 10% under the cpu results expected....

Screenshot 2024-03-03 alle 05.24.43.png

Screenshot 2024-03-03 alle 05.23.23.png

You need to remember that 31.5GB/S is the theoretical maximum for the PCIe 4.0 standard, and the Bandwidth legend says 'Up To' for a reason.

There will be a number of elements in each and every system we build that will drop this figure from the theoretical maximum.

The Gigaflops test result and the Geekbench Metal score look OK.

You might want to look at the apps you have running in the background when you undertake the Geekbench tests, as this can have an adverse effect on the results.

thanks for your answer. well I made peace with the 6800 just curious why everytime I make the test the memory has a different speed. Instead I have a problem (maybe I don't know something) with the cpu config in opencore...

Last edited:
Yep, no one will reach the theoretical PCIE bandwidth speeds (doesnt matter 16 GB/s or 32 GB/s Limit).
There is only an prob if you get xy GB/s below the next slower PCIe Version - for example you habe PCIe4 System and getting much below 16 GB/S.
PCie4 Systems will get 19-26 GB/s.

Another Speed Limit mayba if there are less Lanes than expected - that would also limit PCIe Speeds.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-06 um 07.18.03.jpg

Hi mates, this is my benchmark with radeon rx6800 and intel 13600K

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.17.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.17.48 PM.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 13
is it normal that the fans never stop? in windows they are ok.....no spinning at all if doesn't needed...
and just with nootRX ...if I use whatevergreen they stop if temperature is ok....

Last edited:
Back