Graphics
Quadro K6000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Nvidia K6000 and I'm having trouble with it. I need some help figuring out what I need to do to make it work properly in a stock 2013 Mac Pro running 10.8.5 or 10.9. I'm not experienced in hacking hardware, but I think that's what I'm doing, since this card is not made for a mac and I'm trying to make it work in a mac. So far, I got the card to boot in Mac 10.9, but not in 10.8.5, so the drivers in 10.9 are more compatible. The problem is that in 10.9, preview and Screenflow crash when I try to open them if the K6000 is installed in slot 2 with the stock ATI 5770 in slot 1. If I take the K6000 out, I can launch Preview and Screenflow. At one point when I put only the K6000 in slot 1, the computer booted and I could work in Premiere, but after I took the computer to the Genius bar for diagnostics, I could not get the computer to boot with only the K6000 installed. I had installed an update for FTPortal since the last time I'd tried to boot with only the K6000, so that may have changed something. I'm using the card for editing in Premiere CC with AE CC for compositing, and it definitely speeds up the performance, but Adobe has been having a lot of bugs since the update to 7.1.0.174 which were present before I got this machine. The bugs persist with or without the card installed and I'm hoping an update soon will get ride of the Adobe CC issues so I can sort out what problems are coming from the card incompatibility vs software bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back