Contribute
Register

...on the way: Gigabyte Z790 UD AX +32Gb DDR5 + 13900K + Radeon 6900 XT (or 6700 XT ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Started with this new job!
In the next days I'll inform you about the progress.
This isn't my first Hackintosh (I started on Tonymacx86 with Snow Leopard...), and I did at least 4 hackintoshes till today.
Now I'm moving forward from the Z390 to the new Z790.
Planned OS: Ventura 13.6 + Windows 10... and within few mounts: Sonoma!

A short story of this build:
Premise: it started one way (Gigabyte Z790 UD AX) and ended up another (MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI). I had a lot of instability problems with the Z790 UD AX (Immature firmware?) and switched to MSI. Followed by MSI Z790-P Wifi

My Hardware:
- Gigabyte Z790 UD AX DDR5 Rev. 1.0, Bios Version 8
- Intel i9 13900K
- 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade DDR5 RGB 6400MT/s CL32 DIMM

- 3 x SSD SATA Toshiba model THNSN81Q29 2TB (each) + Samsung 850 EVO 2TB (in raid 0 to reach 8TB Data disk with good speed)
- 1x FireCuda 530 4TB NVME DIsk as boot disk
- 1x Nvme Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB as Windows disk
- GPU Nitro RX 6900 XT 16Gb
- NZXT Kraken X63
- NZXT h510i Case
- EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Titanium 80+

The Power Supply, Case, Cooler, SSD Sata and NVMe disk is the same I used in my actual Hackintosh, with Fenvi Card for Bluetooth and WiFi... (that I plan to sell due the new BT/WiFi on my new MoBo).
NEW PARTS IN BLUE COLOUR.

... I started the job, and I will update the progress every time I gain a new step.
Now... let's time to remove MoBo, CPU, RAM, etc... in my actual Hack and replace with new material arrived today (thx to Amazon!)...

First STEP:
- Backup of every single file, partition etc... at least in two different place! And a Time Machine Backup!
- a Copy of Carbon Copy Cloner in a separate pen drive, with all the occourring files: OC 0.9.5 Release, Hackintool, KextUpdater, OpenCore Configurator or PlistEdit Pro, USBInjectAll.kext, Hackintool, IORegistryExplorer.app and so one...
A USB2.0 flash-drive
A USB3.0 flash-drive

... Just to have access at all I need without WiFI/Ethernet
Keep in mind:
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sonoma-installation-usb.325885/
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-ventura-installation-usb.320675/
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-alder-lake-cpu.316618/page-248#post-2335121

First (partially) bad result (only because I've to spent more money as expected):
SSD SATA Toshiba model THNSN81Q29 2TB --> They don't work on this motherboard. This isn't related to hackintosh. Also in windows they don't work properly, very long formatting time, very poor performances.. 15Mb/sec read/write trasfer rate).
No problem with the Samsung SSD Sata Disk and a spare 512GB SATA SSD Sandisk... problem is with the specific Toshiba SSD SAta Drivers..
I'll sell the disk (that works perfectly via usb external case) and I'll replace it with a couple of FireCuda 530
- 1 x 4TB Firecuda 530 Nvme disk to make RAID 0 stripe with the other 4TB Firecuda 530 --> I need a 8TB as Data Disk
- 1 x 2TB Firecuda 530 Nvme disk as Boot/OS Disk.

I need also a PCIe to NVme adapter due to the "only" 3 PCIe M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) on the Z790 UD AX

I'll keep you informed!

PS: crossing fingers

12h later, firs news:
- bios F9a probably fixed a severe issue (PC reboot while copying large amount of data from a NVme to another NVme disk). At least after first 4TB data copy are all right!! May be a slightly slow data transfer speed than expected...3.5-4Gb/sec instead of 5.5-6Gb/sec). Better than in the past (bios F8)!
- the second test was not so lucky: PC reboot, restarts for no reason...

We had to wait for the final F9 version....

My new Hardware:
- MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
- Intel i9 13900K
- 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade DDR5 RGB 6400MT/s CL32 DIMM

- 2x FireCuda 530 4TB NVME Disk as data disk (in JBOD Raid)
- 1x FireCuda 530 2TB NVME Disk as MacOS boot disk
- 1x Nvme Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB as Windows disk
- GPU Nitro RX 6900 XT 16Gb
- NZXT Kraken X63
- NZXT h510i Case
- EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Titanium 80+

The Power Supply, Case, Cooler, SSD Sata and NVMe disk is the same I used in my actual Hackintosh, with Fenvi Card for Bluetooth and WiFi... (that I plan to sell due the new BT/WiFi on my new MoBo).
NEW PARTS IN BLUE COLOUR.

... I started the job, and I will update the progress every time I gain a new step.
Now... let's time to remove MoBo, CPU, RAM, etc... in my actual Hack and replace with new material arrived today (thx to Amazon!)...

First STEP:
- Backup of every single file, partition etc... at least in two different place! And a Time Machine Backup!
- a Copy of Carbon Copy Cloner in a separate pen drive, with all the occourring files: OC 0.9.5 Release, Hackintool, KextUpdater, OpenCore Configurator or PlistEdit Pro, USBInjectAll.kext, Hackintool, IORegistryExplorer.app and so one...
A USB2.0 flash-drive
A USB3.0 flash-drive

... Just to have access at all I need without WiFI/Ethernet
Keep in mind:
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sonoma-installation-usb.325885/
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-ventura-installation-usb.320675/
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-alder-lake-cpu.316618/page-248#post-2335121

Last edited:
Wow! Excited to know more progress.
Had the same MoBo with i5 13500 and RX 6600.
Installed Ventura 13.6 a couple of days ago and countering a few issues. Eagerly waiting for your one to learn more

Thank you and cheers

Wow! Excited to know more progress.
Had the same MoBo with i5 13500 and RX 6600.
Installed Ventura 13.6 a couple of days ago and countering a few issues. Eagerly waiting for your one to learn more

Thank you and cheers
Have you reported problems with SSD SATA disk?
Also with NVMe disk....

Now I'm trying to copy a large amount of data (6TB) and I report unexpected reboot...
I've the doubt tha my MoBo could be faulty...
Very strange what happening to me...

Last edited:
Have you reporter problems with ssd Sata disk?
Also with nvme disk....

Now I'm trying to copy a large amount of data (6TB) and I report unexpected reboot...
I've the doubt tha my MoBo could be faulty...
Very strange what happening to me...
Mine kinda same
Whenever I try to boot, it only boots after every 2/3 reboots, sometimes takes 4/5/6 attempts to get into the login screen.
I installed while having the windows installed on the other disk. Will try again a clean install in a different Nvme after wiping the windows disk.

Mine kinda same
Whenever I try to boot, it only boots after every 2/3 reboots, sometimes takes 4/5/6 attempts to get into the login screen.
I installed while having the windows installed on the other disk. Will try again a clean install in a different Nvme after wiping the windows disk.

I'm not sure about the maturity of the BIOS firmware... they (Gigabyte) updated it every 4 weeks for the last 5 months....
If you check last 4 rev of the firmware you can see that every 4 weeks a new release in available...
Not good!

I'm not sure about the maturity of the bios firmware... they (Gigabyte) updated it every 4 weeks for the last 5 months....
If you ceck last 4 rev of the firmware you can see that every 4 weeks a new release in available...
Not good!
Yes, exactly
I jumped from F4 to F8 yesterday
Thought it will fix the problem but no luck

Here are few things I’m gonna try;
Either wipe or remove the windows disk in the time of the installation and try to install in a different NVMe SSD.
So far had installed in 970 EVO Plus.

Released bios 9a (beta) today...
Installed few minutes ago...
I'll try (on windows) to test stability
I'll keep you informed
---
---
---
12h later, firs news:
- bios F9a probably fixed a severe issue (PC reboot while copying large amount of data from a NVme to another NVme disk). At least after first 4TB data copy are all right!! May be a slightly slow data transfer speed than expected...3.5-4Gb/sec instead of 5.5-6Gb/sec). Better than in the past (bios F8)!
- the second test was not so lucky: PC reboot, restarts for no reason...

We had to wait for the final F9 version....

Last edited:
Released bios 9a (beta) today...
Installed few minutes ago...
I'll try (on windows) to test stability
I'll keep you informed
---
---
---
2h later, firs good news:
- bios 9a fixed a severe issue (PC reboot while copying large amount of data from a NVme to another NVme disk). At least after first 4TB data copy are all right!! May be a slightly slow data transfer speed than expected...3.5-4Gb/sec instead of 5.5-6Gb/sec). Better than in the past (bios 8)!
That's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back