Contribute
Register

Open Core quad boot 2 MacOS and 2 windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

blg

Motherboard
Gigabyte << need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
<< need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
hi all, trying to get open core to quad boot on same drive Mojave, Monterey, windows 10 and windows 11.

The 2 Mac OS versions work as expected (as macOS always does)

it is kind of working but I only have one windows icon in open core. This single windows open core icon then goes to the microsoft boot loader with the 2 windows versions to pick from which then successfully boots ether windows version.

I want Mojave because I need 32 bit software still. I want the 2 windows versions because I do not have enough faith or experience with windows 11 yet to abandon windows 10 until I know 11 can be relied on.

Perhaps I’m being pedantic but ideally I would like 4 icons to choose in opencore.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks
Brett

This single windows open core icon then goes to the microsoft boot loader with the 2 windows versions to pick from which then successfully boots ether windows version.
Which is to be expected since Windows will add itself to it's own boot manager when another version is already installed.
Perhaps I’m being pedantic but ideally I would like 4 icons to choose in opencore.
You'd have to install both versions on separate disks with all other drives disconnected so that no existing EFI partition with the Windows Boot Manager or anything else is visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back