Contribute
Register

OpenCore Big Sur does not get to the installer

My USB stick is USB 2.0, but all the USB ports on my computer are 3.0.
Just in case you need to verify BIOS Settings :

1714253752967.png

I think Legacy Boot might be the problem as I looked CSM up and they are connected.
Disabled it, but still got a black screen. Log file is attached.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-27-150801.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
You may still have some paths to go on :

1) re-create the USB stick with Monterey macOS and change SMBIOS to Macmini7,1 (recreate new serials)

2) re-verify the BIOS settings ( see Dortania requirements and make a list of what/how you match them )

3) use a USB 2.0 stick in a USB 2.0 port ( what procedure do you follow to create the USB stick ?)
I have tried all 3 but still, no luck.

I have attached the OpenCore log file and my config.plist.
I have attached the EFI that I am using, so please make the following modifications and try it out.
NVRAM/Add/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/prev-lang:kbd is set to Japanese, so please modify it to your language.
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemProductName GenSMBIOS Type (If set to IMac15,1 Xcode cannot be used, so it is set to iMacPro1,1).
PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB GenSMBIOS Board Serial
PlatformInfo/Generic/ROM GenSMBIOS Apple ROM
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemSerialNumber GenSMBIOS Serial
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemUUID GenSMBIOS SmUUID

Attachments

• HP800G1_EFI.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have attached the EFI that I am using, so please make the following modifications and try it out.
NVRAM/Add/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/prev-lang:kbd is set to Japanese, so please modify it to your language.
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemProductName GenSMBIOS Type (If set to IMac15,2, Xcode cannot be used, so it is set to iMacPro1,1.)
PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB GenSMBIOS Board Serial
PlatformInfo/Generic/ROM GenSMBIOS Apple ROM
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemSerialNumber GenSMBIOS Serial
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemUUID GenSMBIOS SmUUID
I did this and I got to the Apple logo, but then after a little while it went black and started flashing the mute button on my HP. Attached my modified config.plist. I think the problem might be the CSM, but in my BIOS there's not a option to disable it. I've already disabled legacy mode, but I think that it had no effect.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back